Barley & flaked Barley

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamlead

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just picked up my latest 25kg batch of raw barley from local supplier. I paid 25 TL for it last time as i sent a turk m8 to get it. This time i went and its my next door neighbors place and the son speaks good english, he asked me how much i paid last time so i told him. He got his calculator out punched some numbers and said 20 TL is enough from our neighbor! Bargain! 25kg barley for 28p a KG, happy with that.
Just done a batch last week of barley but it didnt sprout properly as its so hot here it sort of stewed in the bowl - ie lots of bubbles and foam and only a few sprouting, so not to be put off i rinsed it well with cold water and lobbed it on my drying screens where its been for the last week drying out in 34C heat in the blazing sun.
Just read up on flaked barley and its rolled unmalted stuff so going to give a couple of KGs a go with my pasta roller after i have roasted it for a bit. = Hope it works! :cheers:

Just malting some Bare grain, the grain that was before barley. It's 12degC here yet the germination is at 25. Just started drying.
569af491-e887-47dd.jpg

Ah thanks aleman - never saw that, looks like i'll have to do another smaller batch maybe 2kg then, the stuff i have drying was soaked twice to start with so i'll just roast this lot.
Next batch i'll have to do the soaking indoors as way too hot outside now but good for drying.
Looks good Neil just about right for drying now. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back