Hi from S. Devon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogman

Reaction score
Hi all,
Having taken up homebrewing start of this year, I have made a number of ciders inc Apple & Vimto, Apple, Apple & Vimto wine etc. Thanks to all the info I gleamed from this forum, I was able to start this hobby with confidence. I've only had one brew I didn't like, and it was a Sampsons cider kit. The vague instructions on the back was probably the cause, so decided to leave the kits alone and make from scratch.
Many thanks to all the contributors on this forum for their input. People out there including myself, really do read your posts,and like me end up joining a forum.
All mine have tasted great so far especially the ones at 9.5 abv
Regards Dogman

dogman said:
Many thanks to all the contributors on this forum for their input. People out there including myself, really do read your posts,and like me end up joining a forum.
I'll second that! I just signed up yesterday too! Welcome aboard from another noob!

Welcome Dogman,

You're not far from Newton Abbot.

The Cider Bar is a place of pilgrimage, and you've also got the maltings there.

Cheers

RokDok

Someone at work mentioned the cider bar to me only recently. I dont go across that way often, But will try it out the next time I'm over that way. ( I've got an apple, cherry Vimto and red grape on the go at the moment). :cheers:

RokDok said:
Welcome Dogman,

Cheers

RokDok

How far away from newton abbot are you?

Im in ipplepen if you know where that is?

I'm in Chillington near Kingsbridge. I know someone called Andy in Ippelpen who's into homebrew ... Is that you Andy? :hmm:

Devonhomebrew said:
RokDok said:
Welcome Dogman,

Cheers

RokDok

How far away from newton abbot are you?

Im in ipplepen if you know where that is?

We got married in the next village- Broadhempston, Mo in Law still lives there.

My wife's family are from Staverton, her sister used to make Hills cider closed down about 25 yrs ago.

RD

Latest posts

Back