Youngs definitive chardonnay white wine kit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hong

Reaction score
I bought this kit about 6 months ago & completley forgot about it, as i havent been brewing for a while. Anyhow, when i came to have a look at it, i noticed it came without any instructions. Can anyone help me out please? A simple guide will be fine :thumb: :thumb:

I've a 6 bottle definitive red, I don't know if it would be the same:

here are the important bits

Code:
225g sugar
1 sachet of x super compound yeast / stabiliser / finings
1 campden tablet

Instructions:
1. Mix can with 1.8 litres of cold water in fermentation container.
2. Boil 500 ml of water dissolve in sugar and add to container.
3. add yeast, agitate, bung, fermentation should start within 12 hours.
4. Day 3: top up to 4.54 litres, agitate and rebung, leave to complete ferment (7 - 20 days, when specific gravity has been between 1002-1004 for a couple of days).
5. after fermentation is complete, add stabiliser and if necessary sweeten.
6. add crushed campden tablet and agitate.
7. Stand for 24 hours then add finings and agitate, continue to agitate 6 times in the next 24 hours.
8. Leave to clear in a cool place for 7 to 10 days.
9. Transfer to bottles or container to condition and age.

For this Definitive Medium Re the instructions say its ready to drink but will improve with 3 months ageing. I guessing you probably know better than I do if that makes sense with the white wine. ;)

hong said:
I bought this kit about 6 months ago & completley forgot about it, as i havent been brewing for a while. Anyhow, when i came to have a look at it, i noticed it came without any instructions. Can anyone help me out please? A simple guide will be fine :thumb: :thumb:

Is it one of the six bottle kits?

If so i though mine didn't come with instructions until i peeled the label off the tin :thumb:

morganste said:
hong said:

Is it one of the six bottle kits?

If so i though mine didn't come with instructions until i peeled the label off the tin :thumb:

err, yeah, that too, mine might be on the back of the tin label too :grin:

Feel stupid! Just peeled back label & there it is! :thumb:

Thankyou for your help!

Latest posts

Back