4 kilo kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
Hi every one, could i ask if any one here has done a 4 kilo lager or bitter kit? - if so, was it anything special? Thanks.

Didn't know such a thing existed!

I've done a couple of the 3.6kg ones and they were very good indeed. Ritchies Festival Porter and Muntons Midas Touch (which got a little dry hop to help it along).

If I was to brew kits again, I'd go to these two first...

Check out the Bulldog kits, both "Hammer of Thor" and "Triple Tykes" have 4kg of extract and no sugar. I can't comment on how good they are as the former is still in the box and the latter is in the FV.

Thanks for your advice guys, I read about the 4 kilo kits in a book by CJJBerry, titled Home Brewed Beers and Stouts. I have a standard muntons larger to do first but i will give the recomended kits a go later.

I intend to have a go at brewing from scratch eventually, i have the boiler and mash tun already but i reackon i will do a couple of kits first. I hear woodford werry is a good one, have you had a go at one of those??

Wherry seems to be the kit everyone goes to first, however, I personally prefer Woodforde's Headcracker. (lovely plummy fruity taste)
:cheers:

I've made Hammer of Thor and Triple Tykes. The Triple Tykes was excellent, much better than the Wherry I made, Hammer of Thor is good but not as good as the Tykes. My favourite of the Bulldog brews though has been the IPA Rajas Reward. My wife preferred the Cerveza, Cortex Gold, very light and a good citrus aroma.

Thanks everyone for your contributions. :D

I will try them all in turn. :D Cheers guys.

Back