Amateur Question...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverJack

Reaction score
First brew done... I think. Coopers wheat beer. Measuring about 1.045 I think. Does this make any sense? Temp at the mo around 26ish. Sorry for novice questions.

Yep. 1.045 is about what you'd expect a "normal" beer to be at, which will come out around 4% depending on the FG (which will be anywhere between 1.006 and 1.014 on this brew.)

If you can possibly drop the temp a few degrees it will help the beer to taste better.

Good luck mate!

get the fermentation temp down to 19 to 20C if possible
then all will be fine
26 C is a bit high
:drink:

Thanks guys, reassuring. Got so nervous... stupid really! Temp will drop naturally as it's in a cooler room. Also got confused. Does the brew enhancer replace added sugar?

brew enhancer is part brewing sugar with dried malt extract
the malt giving better results in head and taste etc
so using brew enhancer is a way of getting more depth to your beer rather than using just plain old sugar

if its your 1st brew go by the instructions first then start experimenting so you can realise the difference
you can as your LHBS said
do your kit wit the prescribed 1kg of sugar
or 1 kg brew enhancer
or 1 kg brew enhancer with 1/2 kilo of dried malt extract
the latter will give a stronger beer but not what the kit intended and most of the time gives stronger better beer
but not always, as sometimes the alcohol you produce can mask the beers intended taste.

Thanks again. Great knowing there's advice to be had. I brewed it with the kit tin, brew enhancer and 500g of dried malt extract. Fingers crossed it will turn out drinkable. I have clipped down the top, im assuming that is what the clips are for?

Latest posts

Back