Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got one of the drill wands.. i find it doesnt really get all the gas out. nowadays i tend to use it but then man handle the 23l pet carboy to try get gass out before adding finings.. and again in 5l pet water bottles. mine tend to always have a bit of sediment in the water bottles so i syphon from there into the bag-in-boxes leaving sediment behind.. even then there is a small amount in the bag when its empty. Nobody has died or got a poorly tummy yet so i figure it's all fine.

Shaking a 5 gal pet is no mean task. Are you sure? :grin:

All WOWs I have done end up with that line in the bottle when laid down and which has to be considered when pouring etc unless you don't mind it a bit cloudy. It will not do you any harm but aesthetically it is much nicer to have a clear wine surely.

This gassing thing STILL confuses me in as much as what is CO2 coming out and what is froth / air that I have created. I beat the **** out of it with a whip wand on the drill for a good 10 minutes but you can keep going back to it and still get gas. ( or is it air , or is it fairy dust? Who really knows? )

Have a glass of tropical wow on desk now. Slight cloud matters not as I have added some ice anyway as it was not chilled. Quite refreshing.

I go, degass in carboy (wand + sit down on my bench with it on my knee and do calf raises..)
clear
syphon into 5l water pets
leave until needed
then syphon again into 5l bag in box when needed

by the 2nd bag in box filling it's crystal clear.. 1st one may be a little hazy.

Hi I have just managed to get a carton of white wine and a carton of apple so i am going to have a go at doing a white wine has anybody got recipe for a good wine please. Also going to try and make it a sparkling one.How and what Do I need Can I use wine bottles if I do not fill up to much or will screw tops be OK. just to add i have some champagne yest Should I use that?

1st page of this thread has some white recipes. nope you cant use wine bottles... search forum for "prosecco" for a recipe.

I have been making the WOW rose wine for a few mths now and well pleased with the results. I am now going to make my first white wine which I will look at the recipes but I presume it is basically the same as the rose WOW. While my wife was in waitrose getting the white grape juice she saw a dark red melot grape juice I was wondering would be possible to make a red wine using the wow way. Thanks Ps Found my Q has been answered:whistle:

While my wife was in waitrose getting the white grape juice she saw a dark red melot grape juice I was wondering would be possible to make a red wine using the wow way.

The darker the juice the darker it'll be when fermented but it will not be anything like a full bodied red using grape juice, you could try the red grape powder recently posted elsewhere in the wine forums and see if that helps.

Gonna make a 5 gallon batch. Me & the wife both like dry white chardonnay/ pinot type of wine. Can anyone recommend a recipe to get something close to this?

Hi again making some WOW rose and I think I might of left it to late for my wifes birthday which is this Saturday My wine is just about finished and I have just put the stabiliser in today in How long can I leave it before putting in the finings in to clear the wine and long would take to clear I know it is just about 48 hours so I could have I some bottles ready by Saturday. Done the whites & Reds are OK It is just the Rose. My LIFE DEPENDS ON IT:nono:

I have just put the stabiliser in today how long can I leave it before putting in the finings in to clear the wine and long would take to clear

I put the stabiliser in degas then add finings there is no need to wait another day to add the finings, to speed up clearing make sure the wine is well degassed and use a two part fining like KwiK Clear or Youngs clear it, i have used others but these two are by far the fastest. (usually done in 24 hours) these wines don't improve much with age so SWMBO will be enjoying a bottle or two at the weekend.

I put the stabiliser in degas then add finings there is no need to wait another day to add the finings, to speed up clearing make sure the wine is well degassed and use a two part fining like KwiK Clear or Youngs clear it, i have used others but these two are by far the fastest. (usually done in 24 hours) these wines don't improve much with age so SWMBO will be enjoying a bottle or two at the weekend.

I have done what you said chippy but it still has not cleared should I put more in as date of Execution is getting nearer when I done it first time I put in 2gms in While I am here I am going to make a bog Standard White wine using the WOW system Do I follow the rose wine recipe or is it so different Like sugar etc

How long ago did you add fining and which one is it.

For white you may need to adjust the sugar slightly for the same %ABV but if you are not bothered just use the same recipe.

Hi again on the Finnings front put them in Tuesday please see photo all at the same time all 3 demijohns

20170824_155044.jpg

The Finnings That you recommended Kick Clear only at the start of the part one of the brew did i use pectlace Is that correct?

Latest posts

Back