Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first glass of this this evening a few days after bottling. Already a tasty tipple. Cheers for an absolute revelation

The recipe from the video in the first post. It fermented right out in about 4 days but strangely it's not too dry.

I guess it depends on your taste, i found it too dry and back sweetened each 2 liter bottle with 2 teaspoons of sugar, Mrs Tea liked it the without, i now don't back sweeten my juice wines but have never made the orange one again.

Having read that Red Grape juice (RGJ) on its own makes a decent wine (i usually use 1 litre RGJ and 1 litre apple juice per DJ) i have tonight made 4 DJ's of it, hoping it turns out fine and confident it will.

This is ASDA RGJ and is the best i have used.

5051413484562_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

hi all

im strugling to find grape juice I've looked at asda, tesco and not found any apart from welches purple grape juice but tags £2 a bottle i may as well add a little more and use proper wine grape juice

also do you need to add the pectolase, and the nutrients before the yeast or can you add them later

and whats the easiest way of using fresh fruit as i don't have the space for presses etc just wondered if you could just chop it up and add sugar water and strain it before adding yeast and things

hi all

im strugling to find grape juice I've looked at asda, tesco and not found any apart from welches purple grape juice but tags £2 a bottle i may as well add a little more and use proper wine grape juice

Sainsbury have RGJ at the mo its 2 for £1 50, 75p a litre. It makes a good deep coloured red with dark fruit juices like blueberry or a nice rosy red with light juices like apple.

You can get the best book on winemaking 'First steps in winemaking' by CJJ Berry considered by many to be 'The Bible' on the subject, he deals with all aspects of using fruit and the has a hundred plus recipes using most fruits.

One thing to remember is that using fruit it can take months and even years before your wine is ready for drinking whereas using juice it can be ready in 2-3 weeks.

Started my very first WOW off today 40 mins later starting to bubble away already

Used co ops own
1tr apple juice
2 ltrs tropical fruit juice
600g sugar
1tsp Glycerin
1tsp Yeast
1tsp Yeast Nutrient
1tsp pectin
1tsp pectolase
1/2tsp Citric Acid

Forgot to take a og reading :( do WOWs normally start fermenting so quick?

So after one week and no airlock activity its looking a lot clearer now,
Nearly 2 inches of sediment lying around
So the question is what fg should i be looking at?
And when should i rack?

It will get down to 990 if you leave it long enough but you can stop it at 995 and it'll be fine.
I no longer use a hydrometer i wait until i only see one bubble every minute and then give it another week for the yeast to clean up after itself, i then rack, add fermentation stopper, degas and clear, if you use kwik clear or clear it (2 part fining) it only takes a couple of days to clear.

There is a thread in the wine forums where a member decided to ignore the yeast clean up bit of the instructions and he has finished off a couple of bottles and been fine, i was always told not letting the yeast clean up after itself can lead to your wine giving you a bad head and worse the ****s, the jury for me is still out on this and as i have plenty on the go all the time i will continue to do it the old way.

Thanks for that Chippy-Tea

I only used 3 ltrs of juice can i now top it up with juice or water ?
I have already added the fermentation stopper had a sneaky sample and its actually quite nice, Tastes very strong though:lol:

If you made it to the original recipe it will be 13% plus, as you have added another carton of juice there was more sugar than the original = more %ABV.

You can top up with either but as you have used 3 litres of juice i would use water.

I only use 2 cartons of 100% juice, my latest experiment is 2 litres of red grape juice, it hasn't finished fermenting yet.

Back