First Brew Sampsons traditional bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SV-Ale

Reaction score
Well I Received a beer kit for Christmas and yesterday finally got round to making my first brew - having read this forum for a few days prior, some good info and advice on here so thank you to you all.

I brewed the Sampsons kit as per the instructions, it came with brewing sugar. Although it was a 40 pint receipe I made it up stronger to only 24 pints (this was an option on the cans instructions).

With regards to keeping everything warm during the FV I have had to modify my lid which now houses an immersion Heater through a bung.

My OG read 1071 so I guess I'll be looking for a reading of 1018ish prior to racking?

Took a while to get going but now fermenting with some force looking at the air lock may have to consider a blow off hose!

Be interested to hear from anyone else who has used this kit and what results where like.

I'll keep you posted with mine - Fancy using one of the premium kits next possibly Woodfordes Nog or Muntons old conkerwood.

Latest posts

Back