coopers pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a popular kit, and I've done it once with a mini mash and hops. Being used to AG, I could taste the kittiness of it still, but it's a good bland base to add hops to. A lot of Aussies do it with Amarillo, Citra and other tasty hops, if you read their forums. Maybe use US05 with it.

Cheers but I'm only just starting out not to sure about hops and stuff yet.

I liked the real stuff when I drank it in OZ its quite a light lager/ale style hybrid good for summer drinking, not sure how close the kit version comes to it though. I have just used it in a partial mash recipe but this is still conditioning/clearing hopefully!

It depends where you are. You may have a home brew shop handy, otherwise you can buy hops online from loads of places.

thehomebrewcompany.co.uk
geterbrewed.com
worcesterhopshop.co.uk
themaltmiller.co.uk
brewuk.co.uk

The postage will be about £3, it's worth buying more than one pack at a time and storing them in the freezer once opened.

It means using grains instead of adding sugar or extract to the kit. If you are new to brewing, I'd start by using a kit with dried malt extract/sugar, and adding some hops. Worry about mini mashes later. You can check mini mashes out in the how-to guide forum if you're interested.

This is personal preference, and also depends on the hops, but around 30g in a full batch is a good starting point I think. Moire, if you really like your hops, maybe 50g.

Thanks i think I'll try the kit on its own first with brew enhancer see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back