Wilkos Velvet Stout temperature........

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made this up a few weeks ago. Tweaked it a bit so the SG was 1.060 but the problem I have is my STC controller packed up in my brew box and the temperature has now dropped to around 10c/12c, been like this for a week now. At the moment the gravity is at 1.014. I have fermented this at 20c and when the heat was on it was still bubbling very slowly through the airlock, so I presume its still fermenting or was.

This happened a week ago and I have ordered a new STC but it won't be delivered until next week.

My question is: when I get the heat sorted out, will it affect the beer if I just heat it back up to 20c?

Any advice Chaps?

:sad:

Do you want to post your additions?

Someone posted on another thread how swapping brewing sugar and dme raises your final gravity read so it may be finished anyway....

Do you want to post your additions?

Someone posted on another thread how swapping brewing sugar and dme raises your final gravity read so it may be finished anyway....

I originally posted this in the Beer Kit Reviews under Wilcos Velvet Stout. All the details are there. Thanks for the quick reply!
👍

It was in reply to your post....keep an eye on the hydrometer, but it might be finished.

Latest posts

Back