The Malt miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I believe its a member of this forum... borischarlton I think... :hmm:

In any case, I got some yeast from him, super quick delivery, well packaged and great price :thumb:

hawkinspm said:
And I believe its a member of this forum... borischarlton I think... :hmm:

If he posts with the same user name on Jim's it is. I got some hops from him before he set up the website, communications and customer service were good when they got delayed in the mail and the quality seemed fine to me.

It is indeed me!! Just sorting out a sponsored link on this forum now.

Highwayman, re the postage. I charge at cost, its cheapest to use Royal Mail up to 2kg and thereafter its courier charges. The maximum delivery charge no matter what the order is £7.50 as long as you live on the mainland. Also anyone is welcome to arrage their own collection or pick up themselves.

Feed back on service, products and price is very welcome.

Thanks

Rob

borischarlton said:

Highwayman, re the postage. I charge at cost, its cheapest to use Royal Mail up to 2kg and thereafter its courier charges. The maximum delivery charge no matter what the order is £7.50 as long as you live on the mainland. Also anyone is welcome to arrage their own collection or pick up themselves.

Thanks

Rob
How much weight are you allowed with the courier for the £7.50 delivery?
BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
borischarlton said:

Thanks

Rob
How much weight are you allowed with the courier for the £7.50 delivery?
BB

You can order as much as you like and pay just the £7.50.

Rob

I wondered that as well, I ordered a sack & 6Kg of extra malt (Lager for my Grolsh experiment) and some crystal, with yeast etc, delivery was as specified £7.50 and it arrived on the Tuesday (ordered on the Sunday) and as I specified uncrushed it arrived that way as well. Excellent service, and cheaper than my local (ish 70 mile round trip) :cheers:

Only complaint I have is you don't use strong enough selotape to close the 2Kg bags I had 2 of them open before I wanted them to :( (loosing a small amount of grain in the process)

Only complaint I have is you don't use strong enough selotape to close the 2Kg bags I had 2 of them open before I wanted them to :( (loosing a small amount of grain in the process)

The owner was on a while back and he did ask for feedback..give him a pm...you never know :thumb:

hairybiker said:

This is exactly the type of feed back I need, it really helps me to improve the service. I will sort this as of tomorrow. Hairybiker you have a pm.

Re the delivery charges, £7.50 covers it no mater what you order, so if your order is eg 100kg or 200kg you still pay only £7.50. Also if you have or work for a company with a courier account then I have no problem with anyone doing an order for collection by any courier you choose to use.

Rob

jamesb said:
7.50 for anything? Hmm. How about 1ton? That's cheaper than Warminster's delivery.

Yes, anything. I have my own transport for larger deliveries :thumb:

borischarlton said:
hairybiker said:

This is exactly the type of feed back I need, it really helps me to improve the service. I will sort this as of tomorrow. Hairybiker you have a pm.

Re the delivery charges, £7.50 covers it no mater what you order, so if your order is eg 100kg or 200kg you still pay only £7.50. Also if you have or work for a company with a courier account then I have no problem with anyone doing an order for collection by any courier you choose to use.

Rob
That's fantastic Rob :thumb:

Looks like a result Hairy B...well worth a post :thumb: and it looks like a result for the guys that have big orders on the maximum delivery charge.... :clap: maybe me one day soon.....everyone's happy :party:

He offered to replace the spoilt malt, but it isn't really worth his posting me something in the order of <200g of malt :(
I ordered 4kg but only need 3.75kg so no real loss on my part, the postage on it would be more then the malt is worth! :D

He could send me a packet of safale yeast if he feels bad about it though :cheers: (Can never have too much yeast :D )

EDIT:- Thanks for the yeast mate :cheers: :D Excellent service, when I need more I will be back - mind you it may be next year :shock:

Hi,

I just wanted to give an update on The Malt Miller and say a massive thank you to all my customers from The Home Brew Forum

I have now added brewing equipment to the site. It is all made in house so if there is something particular that you require just let us know. It may be that you want a sight glass on a boiler or a 3 piece stainless tap, we can do it.

All malts and grains are now sold in thick (500 gauge) heat sealed plastic bags. These are far superior method of packaging than the thinner ones I was using with the neck tied. I have also now managed to source much thicker foil vacuum bags for the hops. Both of these improvements have come from customer feed back, it really does work so thank you.

Cheers

Rob

Well done Rob.....

How's the link to your site going?? I shall know where to come when my rig is setup..well worth a post :thumb:

borischarlton said:
Hi,

I just wanted to give an update on The Malt Miller and say a massive thank you to all my customers from The Home Brew Forum

I have now added brewing equipment to the site. It is all made in house so if there is something particular that you require just let us know. It may be that you want a sight glass on a boiler or a 3 piece stainless tap, we can do it.

All malts and grains are now sold in thick (500 gauge) heat sealed plastic bags. These are far superior method of packaging than the thinner ones I was using with the neck tied. I have also now managed to source much thicker foil vacuum bags for the hops. Both of these improvements have come from customer feed back, it really does work so thank you.

Cheers

Rob

Was about to order some supplies after looking at the weekend but am having trouble getting to Rob's site today
- anyone else having problems ?

www.themaltmiller.co.uk

cheers
Colin

Back