The Malt miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something happened at their web provider a few days back and it seems to be getting worse. I sent an order just before the problems started and they couldn't get it out of the web providers systems. I got a nice email from them and just had to repeat what I wanted, awaiting delivery now.....

my apple mac anti virys software really doesnt like that web site, it says it contain 'malicious' software called malware.
the web definition is
Malware, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code

just to warn you all

The website's up and running OK again now :thumb:

When the Website was offline a while back I just sent my order via email and sorted it out that way :idea: with a Phone call to confirm my order and give Rob my card details :thumb:

Rob is a very helpful chap and sometime in the new year I'll be putting together an order for enough stuff to do several brews ;)

Not looking good:-
What is the current listing status for themaltmiller.co.uk?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-12-19, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-12-19.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including lungorhol.com/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including gaccess.dynsite.net/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS29676 (GRADWELL).
Was what I got after a Large banner saying Bad site. :hmm:

Hope Rob gets it sorted. I did email him last week but heard nothing back from him. (just wondering when some more Golden Promise malt was going to be in)

Just because you can visit the site, doesn't mean that malware isn't present.
I would like to hear from Rob before I visit again. That fact that it has been hacked is not good.

On both my laptop and wifes laptop access is not a problem, the virus protection on either machine (one running Avast the other AVG) should pick up any malware :idea:

You might be picking it up from elsewhere if using internet explorer :idea:

Baz Chaz said:
You might be picking it up from elsewhere if using internet explorer :idea:
I haven't used IE for at least 6 years! I have been on Linux 100% of the time for past 4 years. This warning is coming from Google via FF. :wha:
Reported Attack Page!

This web page at themaltmiller.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
Is what I get if I visit the website. I have not clicked on Ignore & proceed. :nono:

I don't use a malware/virus scanner and don't need one, I scan occasionally for stuff sent to me from M$ users using BitDefender but have never found anything on MY pc.

Just tried a google for the malt miller I get:-
The Malt Miller

This site may harm your computer.
Hops, Yeast and Malt direct to the homebrewer. ... The Malt Miller ... Weyermann MUNICH OCTOBER BEER malt extract 4kg. £36.00. Weyermann BAMBERG RAUCH malt ...
www.themaltmiller.co.uk/

Try it yourself.

my apple mac anti virys software really doesnt like that web site
Problem also for my Ubuntu, I was out off there quicker than quick :? :wha: was I quick enough :?
Something amiss maybe rob, can't remember this happening before :hmm:
Just tried the link from Baz same as before :?
S

Evening,

I can only apologise, this is now the third time I have had hassle in the last week. My current hosting company are having a nightmare and I am in the middle of changing hosts so am getting it sorted. As has been said, just ring or mail me, I can get orders out just fine.

Many Thanks

Rob

There's obviously something rather odd going on, I've been on a few times this evening especially after the comments on this thread :? Both the laptops I've been using have allowed me to go straight to the home page via the link I posted earlier and I've navigated around the site without any problem :!:

Just where the problem lies is difficult to say, a number of our members had problems accessing our website / fishing forum the other week, we thought it was a virus or something coming from our site, but no, it transpired it came from another source altogether :hmm: frustrating times for Rob and some customers :?

I've ordered a lot of hops from Rob before, but not for a few months, and before he got the web site set up. If anyone has his email address / phone contact details could you please message me, thanks.
Colin

PM sent for your info :!:

or you could contact him via PM :hmm:

borischarlton = Rob ;)

If you are using Firefox or, in particular, Chrome you are likely to get the site flagged as suspicious, if you are using IE (or possibly Safari, not sure what that does) then you won't.

My understanding of what has happened is that the hosting provider had an issue, possibly a serious issue, that replaced the site with something that Google and possibly some other security scanners found suspicious. A suspicious finding caused the site to be flagged as dodgy, this status will not clear for 90 days unless the owner requests that google rescan the site (http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... wer=168328).

im using safari so i think only IE can view the site.

Hackers are twats arnt they,

my other halfs brother is a hacker..........and a ****...

I'd suspect that it would be safe to just push through the block, I did this using Chrome and the site appears to be back and running as usual.

richc said:
If you are using Firefox or, in particular, Chrome you are likely to get the site flagged as suspicious, if you are using IE (or possibly Safari, not sure what that does) then you won't.

My understanding of what has happened is that the hosting provider had an issue, possibly a serious issue, that replaced the site with something that Google and possibly some other security scanners found suspicious. A suspicious finding caused the site to be flagged as dodgy, this status will not clear for 90 days unless the owner requests that google rescan the site (http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... wer=168328).

Hi
I helped Rob set up site again from scratch on a new host and a review of status has been requested from Google, so problem messages should disappear soon.

BTW: You can check status of a site using security tool at http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/scanner/

This gave TMM status as blacklisted but no malware identified
ATB
John

Back