2 AGs in one day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran through in my mind the methodology for combining a Grainfather brew with a partial mash brew. The partial mash would be a 2.75kg of malt done in a 15L pan and added to a one can kit at the end. I did quite a number of these before getting the GF just over a year ago. This style of brewing makes a good full length batch, using not much by way of equipment and was inspired by the "Have a go at Simple AG thread".

I think it would be do-able in just an hour or two longer than a single brew, but there would be little or no chance of racking or bottling a beer, nor ironing shirts during the brewday.

Just a thought. Does there exist anyone here who ever did 3 AGs in one day, on the same system?

We should get together and do a forum brew-athon. 24 hours, every forum member brews as much as they can and we get sponsored. When is Children in Need?!

Samples tested. The two brews, Hop Back Summer Lightning, & Ruddles Best, have a fairly similar hop profile, but what sets them apart is the use of cara & black in the Ruddles. Huge difference in colour of course. Still unconditioned samples, but the Summer Lightning is clean, refreshing, lightly flavoured but hopped, while the Ruddles has a more malty caramel tone. Both have similar hop character though. Pretty much what you would expect from the recipes really :). The Summer Lightning is for hot BBQ days, while the Ruddles is on tap at your local on a rainy day.

The yeasts behaved to previous experience. The Summer Lightning was with Nottingham and that went mad for a few days and then stopped. 1 week in at 1.010, it is already racked to secondary. I did Ruddles with 04, similar start to Nottingham, but slow blub blub continues. 1 week in at 1.015, so another week for the Ruddles.

This earlier thread of mine generated a side discussion about aeration. I thought I'd post this, because it's very concise and from the guy who started and still runs White Labs. Check out time 1:01:35 to 1:02:45.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbMedkH9_P0[/ame]

Latest posts

Back