Pawlo's Spending Spree

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawlo7671

Regular.
Reaction score
I'v been wanting to buy the DIYdog punk IPA kit for a while now but £35.00 seemed a bit much considering i'm knocking out decent brews for less than a tenner.
Well today was pay day, an invoice i'v been waiting on for months finally got paid so i thought i'd treat my self.

Its coming, I ordered the kit from brewuk. I also ordered the Wyeast 1056 american ale as according to the DIYdog data sheet thats what is used.
And well, been a tight fisted Yorkshire git I thought i'd purchase some thing else to qualify for free delivery. So I got the 5AM Saint kit too :drink:
Awesome

I'v been wanting to buy the DIYdog punk IPA kit for a while now but �£35.00 seemed a bit much considering i'm knocking out decent brews for less than a tenner.
Well today was pay day, an invoice i'v been waiting on for months finally got paid so i thought i'd treat my self.

Is that the Brooklyn Brew Shop 1 gallon kit that you've ordered? If it is I'll be interested to know your opinion on it.

I'm doing this kit at the moment.
It's the most expensive thing I've brewed, so I'm hoping it'll turn out nice.

But there are so many expensive hops in there, I don't think you could buy the ingredients for £35 if you bought 100g batches of all 6 hops. I saw that Gerbrewed lets you build your brew and pay for grain and hops by the gram. When I tried entering the Punk ingredients I think you could get it all for about £22, but that didn't include the 50g Nelson Sauvin hops which I couldn't see on the Gerbrewed hop list. So I guess £35 for the official kit isn't too bad.

I'm doing this kit at the moment.
It's the most expensive thing I've brewed, so I'm hoping it'll turn out nice.

But there are so many expensive hops in there, I don't think you could buy the ingredients for ��£35 if you bought 100g batches of all 6 hops. I saw that Gerbrewed lets you build your brew and pay for grain and hops by the gram. When I tried entering the Punk ingredients I think you could get it all for about ��£22, but that didn't include the 50g Nelson Sauvin hops which I couldn't see on the Gerbrewed hop list. So I guess ��£35 for the official kit isn't too bad.

what stage are you at with it ?

I'm thinking drink this one young as the hop profile will die off. It is expensive but if you were to buy 20L of punk IPA in the shops you'd need to re-mortgage.

what stage are you at with it ?

I'm thinking drink this one young as the hop profile will die off. It is expensive but if you were to buy 20L of punk IPA in the shops you'd need to re-mortgage.

It's in the FV, I'm planning to dry hop on Monday and bottle 5 days after that.
I agree best to drink these young. But then again I tend to drink all my brews young. :whistle:

The haul has arrived
E0A37A8C-FBD3-4345-857D-15D705B27CE1_zpswoi0jn7e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

D289DD3A-F481-4F16-B300-A37682B07C17_zps3kjeivrt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
A28B79C9-FDF6-4EBD-B4BF-9D487477B1B6_zpsjognpmsz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's an interesting one, looks like a hop in the grains !! have they started adding hops to the mash ?
2BC71B7C-E61A-4765-8085-0AD4FEF5CF8E_zpstoefqntv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And to further add to my recent spending spree, I have become a forum supporter...about time really after all the help i'v had here.
This is also my 300th post ( right now ) and many more to come. A great bunch of people here and very proud to be apart of it :)

Good Luck with the DIYDog kits.
Which one are you going to do first?

I'm bottling my Punk at the weekend.
Can't wait for this one to be ready.

I didn't notice any stray hops in the bag of grain that came with my Punk kit.

Latest posts

Back