Pawlo's Spending Spree

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Magnus

I'm gonna do the Punk first then re use the yeast to do the 5AM. Just have to wait a few more days as I have a citra pale ready to keg which will free up an FV

Cheers Magnus

I'm gonna do the Punk first then re use the yeast to do the 5AM. Just have to wait a few more days as I have a citra pale ready to keg which will free up an FV

I've just bottled my Punk. The hydrometer sample jar taster was the most awesome homebrew I've tasted. Even flat and yeasty it was lovely. I think this kit is definitely going to be worth the money.

I did have a small problem with volume. I lost a lot transferring from FV to bottling bucket because of the huge amount of trub: masses of protein matter and hop pellet mess. Not too much of a problem as I'd added extra water to the FV because I overshot SG, and I ended up with 38x 500ml bottles. But if I hadn't overshot SG it would have been a disappointingly low number of bottle for my £35.

I've just bottled my Punk. The hydrometer sample jar taster was the most awesome homebrew I've tasted. Even flat and yeasty it was lovely. I think this kit is definitely going to be worth the money.

I did have a small problem with volume. I lost a lot transferring from FV to bottling bucket because of the huge amount of trub: masses of protein matter and hop pellet mess. Not too much of a problem as I'd added extra water to the FV because I overshot SG, and I ended up with 38x 500ml bottles. But if I hadn't overshot SG it would have been a disappointingly low number of bottle for my �£35.

Well hello Magnus :cheers:

hope it goes well sir, i'm gonna have to leave mine another week as the pawlo pipe line was running a bit low so had to brew up another simple recipe, plus i was busy all over the weekend and when i do the brewdog kits I want no distractions.
One more question I have for you is, The brewdog sheet says a boil volume of 25 litres for a 20 litre batch, how did you calculate your mash and sparge water ?

Well hello Magnus :cheers:

One more question I have for you is, The brewdog sheet says a boil volume of 25 litres for a 20 litre batch, how did you calculate your mash and sparge water ?

I just stuck the recipe into the new Grainfather app and it came out with 16L mash water and 12.7L sparge water. It looked spot on 25L boil volume, and I ended up with ~21L in the FV (but I'm not sure about how accurate the volume markings are on my new Youngs wide neck FV).

But because I overshot my expected OG I added 2.8L more water to the FV, so it ended up looking like 24L in the FV.

Back