Cascade Single Hop AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keviebaby

Reaction score
First brew day in 3 months today! For various reasons I just haven't been able to get around to brewing over the summer until this week so am going to take advantage and try and get a couple in while I'm off work.

Todays was a Cascade Single Hop recipe from the bible, and for the first time in what seems like a long time everything seemed to go really well.

Mashed in at 10am and all finished (including cleaning) by 2:15, must be a record for me:)

Also spot on with the numbers. Got 22.5l into the fermenter at 1.050, another first.

Used a Crossmyloof US Pale Ale yeast. Not used this one before.

Hoping to do a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone on Monday but not sure on what yeast to use for this. I have another US Pale Ale like I used today, a Crossmyloof English Real Ale or a Gervin GV12 Ale yeast. As I like the hops to come out I'm leaning towards the US Pale but open to suggestions.

Need to get a couple done as I have no beer at all and am having to resort to shop bought! It's just not the same.

KG

First brew day in 3 months today! For various reasons I just haven't been able to get around to brewing over the summer until this week so am going to take advantage and try and get a couple in while I'm off work.

Todays was a Cascade Single Hop recipe from the bible, and for the first time in what seems like a long time everything seemed to go really well.

Mashed in at 10am and all finished (including cleaning) by 2:15, must be a record for me:)

Also spot on with the numbers. Got 22.5l into the fermenter at 1.050, another first.

Used a Crossmyloof US Pale Ale yeast. Not used this one before.

Hoping to do a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone on Monday but not sure on what yeast to use for this. I have another US Pale Ale like I used today, a Crossmyloof English Real Ale or a Gervin GV12 Ale yeast. As I like the hops to come out I'm leaning towards the US Pale but open to suggestions.

Need to get a couple done as I have no beer at all and am having to resort to shop bought! It's just not the same.

KG

If you are looking for a hoppier sort of presence in your TTL clone, you might just bung in twice the finishing hops suggested? The TTL clone I am looking at suggests a rather niggardly looking 20g for a 23L brew and up to 40g of Bobek / Styrian Goldings may be a way to go?.

As for the yeast - makes little difference amongst the 3 choices to me. If there is a better informed suggestion, I am delighted, as ever, to hear it. :lol:

If you are looking for a hoppier sort of presence in your TTL clone, you might just bung in twice the finishing hops suggested? The TTL clone I am looking at suggests a rather niggardly looking 20g for a 23L brew and up to 40g of Bobek / Styrian Goldings may be a way to go?.

As for the yeast - makes little difference amongst the 3 choices to me. If there is a better informed suggestion, I am delighted, as ever, to hear it. :lol:
I feel a lot of recipes from "the bible" are underhopped, me the master brewer that I am 4 BIAB's later 😄

Thanks for all the comments. Just setting off for a couple of days break so will have time to decide. Probably brew on Friday. Who knows, if I'm really lucky I might be able to sample some decent beers while I'm away!

Cheers,
KG

Latest posts

Back