amateur brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateurbrew

Reaction score
Hi i have just finished up a merlot (kenridge) very nice :thumb: and want to start another i want to try a dry white, any suggestions :drunk: also on the go are
rasberry and lime cider, woodfordes nog, and a failing coopers lager. any help gratefully recieved cheers steve

Hi i have just finished up a merlot (kenridge) very nice :thumb: and want to start another i want to try a dry white, any suggestions :drunk: also on the go are
rasberry and lime cider, woodfordes nog, and a failing coopers lager. any help gratefully recieved cheers steve

I always use beaverdale wine kits, I usually make red but their sauvignon blanc is pretty good.

What's wrong with your Coopers lager? Folks on here may be able to help :thumb:

my coopers lager just tastes thin and cheap if you know what i mean, maybe my shoddy brewing, maybe because it an inexpensive kit

If it's in the bottle there ain't much you can do about it. However if you leave it longer it may improve, many beers do.
I assume you used all brewing sugar, probably as recommended, that's why it tastes 'thin'. You can greatly improve one can kit beers by using half/half of brewing sugar/malt extract or better still all malt extract.
And if it's not yet in the bottle you can still improve it by making up a hop tea or a dry hop by using, in this case for example, Saaz or Hallertau hops, which will add to the hop flavour and aroma. Come back if you are interested.

Hi terrym thanks for advice, yes i think i did use just brewing sugar as kit said, but have racked off into barrel with 80grm (50grm brewing sugar 30grm spraymalt) put under 4 psi
this was brewed on 21st june so been some time, i think it will teach me not to buy one can kits :thumb:

Back