Potential new micropub update 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon12

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Cheers guys, since posting this the agent on the Purley shop came back with an offer though not a generous one. I offered to pay a years rent upfront in return for 2 month free rent they came back with a years rent upfront no free rent.

Seriously landlords some times come across to me like they don’t want their places let out to potential new tenants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, since posting this the agent on the Purley shop came back with an offer though not a generous one. I offered to pay a years rent upfront in return for 2 month free rent they came back with a years rent upfront no free rent.

:lol: That’s generous of them!

I’ve been harassing the owners of an empty shop near me and I can’t get any info out of them as to whether the unit is even available...it’s been empty for 2 bloody years!

Interesting how policys change and that affects rental.

I work in Bishop's Stortford and 4 years ago it was full of italian restaurants, funeral homes and charity shops.

In the past year, more independent stores have opened up, they refused to renew the rent on Poundland and are instead moving the street market into the location and more "upmarket" stores are opening including in the next month or so, an Eat 17.

Someone obviously somewhere has put something into place to allow/force landlords to offer tenancies at better rates to encourage this.

From about 2008 - 2012 there were a huge no of empty shops in all the towns near me and I could have been fussy now there in short supply so landlords can be fussy. I assume alot of shops not getting there lease renewed got a seriously low price 5-9 years ago and the landlord now wants 5 times more. I can't understand why any shop would stay empty long term now since the landlord has to pay the rates.

Back