Graham Wheeler harviestoun ptarmigan

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Sorting my stuff out for brewing tomorrow. ..hope to get 2 done. Another gh dry stout and as it happens I have the ingredients for the harviestoun ptarmigan in the wheeler book.
Anyone brewed this? Any good?

Cheers

Clint

Not doing ag yet, but harvestoun does one of my favourite beers, bitter and twisted. Some of their others are pretty good.

Not brewed it myself but I suggest using either golden syrup (golden syrup is partailly inverted) instead of white suger or if you want to go the extra mile either buy or make some invert syrup

Arrrrgh! Already started...got about an hour left on the mash....could pop out....I have weighed out dextrose instead of plain sugar.
What will syrup give?

Cheers

Clint

Golden or blonde ale.
From the book....
"A well balanced bitter sweet beer in which malt and hops dominate. The blend of malt, hops and fruit produces a clean hoppy aftertaste. "
I'll go with the recipe to start and see what it turns out like...

Im interested to hear how this turns out. Harviestoun is probably my favourite brewery and I’ve never had Ptarmigan. I believe it is no longer brewed.

This was down to 1008 two days ago and stable . It's been cold crashed for 24 hours so far and is clear. The sample jar tastes very promising too! All well I shall bottle this tomorrow.
A grain count now methinks to see what I can concoct from my dwindling supplies....

Latest posts

Back