Hammer of Thor lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLGMIlson

Reaction score
Morning everyone

Anyone there like me ? Start to prime bottles and then wonder bloody hell have I done them bottles ? Brown wet bottles it’s hard t see if you have or you haven’t .

So I’ve got 500ml bottles some with I think 2 teaspoons of sugar in them

Bottled 2 weeks ago tried 2 last night hat tasted like a cup of tea with 4 sugars in it .

Any danger ?

Should I just leave to condition longer and expect a stronger brew ?

Thank you all

Usual question.... have your bottles been in a warm place to allow the carbonation process to properly work?
Next if you think you could have up to four times more sugar to what you intended in some bottles you may end up with some bottle bombs.
My advice is to give all your bottles enough time to carb up irrespective, then store in a cool safe place, and then open each one anticipating the worse case scenario of a gusher. And if they are flat, tough.
My practice at bottling is to fill all the bottles, then add priming sugar one at a time sealing up each bottle as I go, which for me avoids any confusion about whether I have added sugar or not.

All in shed terry so not warm at all, not planning on drinking them soon

Will time over winter in a cool environment make them ok allowing for warmer weather in time ?

Latest posts

Back