The last Stuck Woodfordes Kit Thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Woodforde's Wherry stuck fermentation problem has been discussed many times on the forum so i decided to send them an Email as its a shame a kit a lot of member like has gained this reputation, i received this today -

Linda Arthrell <[email protected]>

Hi

Thank you very much for contacting the team at Muntons.

We have taken your comments on board and will be addressing this issue early next year with extra yeast in each Woodfordes kit. We are in talks with our yeast supplier to have an 11grm sachet produced, but in the interim we will be putting 2 x 6grm sachets in the kits.

Kind regards

Linda Arthrell
Homebrew Sales
07717 581223

Last edited:
I cannot take credit forum members have been saying for a while 6g of yeast is not enough i merely passed that information on. ;)

Last edited:
I have bumped this as the subject has been brought up again I may have to rethink the title :laugh8:

The email says the old kits were going to get the extra 6g pack of yeast (12g total per kit) and the new ones will have a single 11g pack.

I guess if you get a kit with the two packs of yeast, you can always use just one of them to “experience” the stuck ferment :laugh8:

I've just received a wherry and the yeast packet is only 6g. NB I got st. Peter's Red Ale at the same time (also made by Muntons) and that also just has 6g. I'll have to do some research but I believe that is enough for that brew.

I'll always replace or double up where I've got a kit with only a Muntons 6g packet of yeast. Usually I'll have a (Wilko) Gervin in the cupboard for just this eventuality.

It's crazy, just done Young's AIPA for the second time this evening and it has a whopping 20g of yeast included, I think Muntons need to take a leaf out of their book.

I can confirm that my latest box of Woodfords Nog has a double yeast sachet

Just got a wherry kit to chuck on to top up my stocks for BBQ season (goes down well with the fellas as an easy quaffable beer)
Single pack of 6gm yeast. :-(
Not that it matter, ain't using it anyway... But was disappointed it didn't include a second pack

I would email them and copy/paste the email above into it, you may get something more than a packet of yeast. ;)

As the Best Before dates on beer kits are about 18 months, it could take a while for 6g kits to sell through?

When I emailed muntons with the same issues I got a reply from them saying that the yeast was enough and not to believe everything I read on the internet....

When I emailed muntons with the same issues I got a reply from them saying that the yeast was enough and not to believe everything I read on the internet....
Well at least they got half their answer right.

Back