Cheap & Simple Tropical Punch - A BBQ MUST

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened up my first of these tonight (I used 2.5 bottles of Robinson's summer fruits fruit and barley plus 1kg of sugar), has been in the bottle (with two carb drops in each) for two weeks. The bottles firmed up nicely so I chilled one and opened it up. Strangely it is almost completely flat, but tastes pretty good. Strange combination of sweetness and an almost grapefruit like bitterness as well. Hope this carbs up could be a right good summer drink.

Liking the sound of this so I'm off to the shops tomorrow :) I'll keep you posted.

My friends sampled my brews last weekend and while my Stouts were a bit of a miss, this Summer Punch was definitely a hit! I'll certainly make this again.

My punch is still plodding along, I added a teaspoon of bentonite at the start of the brew to help it clear and smooth the ferment, I guess its doing its job :-D

Well I went and got the required ingredients and I'm starting off with the a gallon of the Peach barley variety (see image of the freshly sealed Demijohn). I also got a bottle of the Strawberry and Kiwi barley so that will be next, once I have secured enough bottles. Seemed so simple I thought I had to give it a go - even if it doesn't work I could always put it on my chips lol.

100_0580-147.jpg

An here's the Strawberry and Kiwi variety.

I'm a little concerned with this one because I tried to start the yeast like I usually do but it don't seem to do anything. I have tipped it anyway and will keep an eye on it. If it doesn't start in the next 24 hours or so I'll make some more yeast and tip that tomorrow.

strawkiwi-148.jpg

My peach version has been bubbling away like a trooper for the last 2 days but this morning it has stopped for some reason. No activity at all after two days of bubbling and a nice froth on the top to no activity and a distinct absence of froth.

Air temperature has been pretty steady around the 70-73ish degree mark.

Anyone had this? Any suggestions what my next course of action should be?

Pink Grapefruit started today:
100_0583-151.jpg

Tropical started today:
100_0584-152.jpg

Previous batches (Strawberry and Kiwi and Peach varieties) bottled today:
100_0585-153.jpg

Wonderful stuff and pretty potent too. :thumb:

That's the Strawberry & Kiwi and the Peach varieties bottled and ready for bed....

100_0586-154.jpg

They look good. :thumb:

Thanks :) They taste BETTER. I love this recipe so much. Simple, cheap, quick, fun and it gives you a buzz too. PERFECT!

I'll be stocking up on this next summer.

By the way, how long do you reckon this stuff would keep?

Latest addition to my alcohol collection - Summer fruits and Barley Punch, I think by the sugar content this could be the strongest yet.

100_0590-158.jpg

Left to right - Summer Fruits and Barley Punch (just started for fermenting), Tropical Barley Summer Punch (racked and waiting for bottling), Pink Grapefruit Barley Summer Punch (racked and waiting for bottling).
Do you think these count as 3 of your 5 a day???
100_0592-159.jpg

Tropical and Pink Grapefruit Punches (is that the correct plural) now bottled.
Grapefruit at about 5.5% and Tropical at about 5.8% and both are wonderfully drinkable even at this early stage, Give it a couple of weeks in the bottle and then served with ice (or even as a mixer with spirits) and WOW!!!!!

100_0594-160.jpg

I like the labels. :thumb:

I have labels for all the punches I have made so far. I also have them on A4 .pdf files with 10 labels per sheet to print. I put a small pace on the bottom of each label for your to write the date of bottling and the alcohol content if you wish.

They will work on normal paper or on the pre-cut sticky labels (10 per A4 sheet) you can buy on Ebay etc. If you want the .pdf files just let me know and I will email them to you (if your email is available) unless there is somewhere on the forum I can upload .pdf files for people to download themselves.

label_peach-barley-summer-punch-copy-162.jpg

label_pink-grapefruit-barley-summer-punch-copy-163.jpg

label_strawberry-kiwi-barley-summer-punch-copy-164.jpg

label_summer-fruits-barley-summer-punch-copy-165.jpg

label_tropical-fruits-barley-summer-punch-copy-166.jpg

Reactions: MrP
They will work on normal paper or on the pre-cut sticky labels (10 per A4 sheet) you can buy on Ebay etc. If you want the .pdf files just let me know and I will email them to you (if your email is available) unless there is somewhere on the forum I can upload .pdf files for people to download themselves.

Thanks for the offer, i don't make punch and am lazy so just stick a small sticker on my bottles with the date and type of wine.

I have labels for all the punches I have made so far. I also have them on A4 .pdf files with 10 labels per sheet to print. I put a small pace on the bottom of each label for your to write the date of bottling and the alcohol content if you wish.

Absolutely love your labels - designing things like this really isn't my thing - yours look really good though :clap:

Any chance of sending them this way? :smile:

Absolutely love your labels - designing things like this really isn't my thing - yours look really good though :clap:

Any chance of sending them this way? :smile:

Thanks for the kind word. I have PMed you for an email address to send the files to.

There is no way of uploading files in a similar way we can for images on this forum is there?

Thanks for the kind word. I have PMed you for an email address to send the files to.

Have just replied. Thank you for this - much appreciated.

What program were they created in, in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back