Dog Of Two Head

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBandit

Reaction score
Popped into My local St Clears Spar/PO to post a parcel this morning.

Had a gander at the beer shelf, obviously, and as they had 3 for £5 took a closer look.

Picked up a Waggle Dance because I like it but not seen it for ages, and it's a very summery day today.

Spitfire Golden I've not seen on the shelves in these parts, so thought I'd try it as I generally like golden ales.

But the one I'm most looking forward to trying is Dog Of Two Head. Never heard of it before, brewed in Shropshire it seems. I'll add my thoughts once I've tried it, but anyone else tried it?

IMG_20160914_102405948.jpg

Popped into My local St Clears Spar/PO to post a parcel this morning.

Had a gander at the beer shelf, obviously, and as they had 3 for �£5 took a closer look.

Picked up a Waggle Dance because I like it but not seen it for ages, and it's a very summery day today.

Spitfire Golden I've not seen on the shelves in these parts, so thought I'd try it as I generally like golden ales.

But the one I'm most looking forward to trying is Dog Of Two Head. Never heard of it before, brewed in Shropshire it seems. I'll add my thoughts once I've tried it, but anyone else tried it?

cant say i have i approve very much on you getting a waggle dance :whistle:

Finally drank the Dog Of Two Head.

It's from Hobson's of Shropshire. It is described as a premium ale.

Poured nicely, a lot of carbonation, produced a good head, but of larger airy bubbles, not tight creamy ones.

Dark amber in colour, good clarity. Nothing obvious in its aroma, just smelt of beer! If that makes sense?

Upon tasting, no highs of either malt or hops (certainly not for hop heads I'd say) but saying that I like a hoppy beer but this didn't disappoint. It had a nice balance and smoothness, slid down the gullet very easily!

Although not described as such, I'd say definitely more PA, no bitter after taste etc. But a very smooth well bodied PA.

I'd have certainly happily sunk a few without issue had I been chatting in a pub etc!

Back