What do you use to sprinkle sparge water?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still undecided. Definitely want to fly sparge as I just think it'll be easier to just open some taps and let it work.

Once I've purchased my kettle, I might just set up the three tier system I'm planning on using and see if I can position a bit of PVC tube in a circle, connected to the kettle tap that hangs into the mash tun. Then I'll just cut a few holes into the tube and that should work fine.

Might even eventually attach some tube to the underneath of my mash tun lid with a bit sticking out the top for HLT connection.

The issue here is that the inside of shower heads aren't food safe, so could cause problems.

Or so I've heard.

Worth baring in mind . It was a new one and cleaned each time. 10 brews in and so far so good

Worth baring in mind . It was a new one and cleaned each time. 10 brews in and so far so good

I don't think it'll leach anything. And you're boiling it so it doesn't matter if it picks up stuff. But I still sanitize all my mashing items.

Back