How to dry hop!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich1985

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help. My friend and I are on our second batch. This time we decided to dry hop. The fermentation has occurred and ive got pellets to put in to the bucket. My worry is that they won't get past the foam. Has anyone got any advice as to what to do so that maximum flavour gets into the beer?

Thanks in advance

Richard

1493840189394807446901.jpg

Put them in a muslin sock or cut the end off some of your old lady's tights and weigh down with marbles or some SS Spoons all sanitised of course.around the 5th day of fermentation just before activity dies off and leave for at least a week before kegging/ bottling

Thanks for that. Will need to go out and get some marbles! Access to plenty as a teacher but think new ones might be more sensible!

Wait until the krausen (foam) has dropped, and fermentation is nearly finished, then throw the hops in. After a 3-5 days put the FV somewhere cold for a couple of days. When the hops have sunk to the bottom and you are sure fermentation is over, package.

Thanks for that. Will need to go out and get some marbles! Access to plenty as a teacher but think new ones might be more sensible!
Good quality stainless steel cutlery is just as good.
I used to use four soup spoons when I dry hopped with a bag.
And imo nylon is better than muslin since muslin absorbs liquid and nylon doesn't.

I found that marbles cracked. Not due did due to temp change but will go spoons from now on...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back