Mixed up TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
Threw a 25l TC on today.
Same as Roddy's strawberry and lime TC but dropped the lime and went with 1 strawberry Lowicz and 1 cherry Lowicz . Will prime with a strawberry.

Improvisation.com [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds weird mate, did you have a taste of the mix before the yeast went in ?

Sure it will be nice though... cherry Berry TC 😎

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds weird mate, did you have a taste of the mix before the yeast went in ?

Sure it will be nice though... cherry Berry TC [emoji41]

Yeah - tastes fruity , a bit worried through fermentation the cherry will cut through and make too medicinal as I've read a post of yours that suggests so... but early doors seemed like a good berry mix.

Aye maybe... my last tc was another cherry which seems to not carb up very well so is generally pretty sh*t

Good luck though 😉

Aye maybe... my last tc was another cherry which seems to not carb up very well so is generally pretty sh*t

Good luck though [emoji6]

So... after cracking a bottle .... only a week in brew fridge as was late bottling but .....

Carbonation - time should improve but a 5/10.

Taste - fruity but cherry powering through 6/10

It's sweet, probably a little too sweet for my liking / but during a hot day and with a glass filled with ice it will go down well [emoji106]4/10

Overall 5/10

Fair play mate, I've had a few cherry TC'S tonight and I think I'll drop that from my repertoire for a bit..

Will definitely do the morrisons rhubarb and ginger juice one 8 did before, that was lush

Did you do a rhubarb one ?

Fair play mate, I've had a few cherry TC'S tonight and I think I'll drop that from my repertoire for a bit..

Will definitely do the morrisons rhubarb and ginger juice one 8 did before, that was lush

Did you do a rhubarb one ?

Yeah - I did a rhubarb from actual rhubarb.
First few bottles a few weeks back were naff but had another 2 tonight and (I don't know how this happens) but they seemed sweeter with more of a rhubarb taste.

Keep looking for the rhubarb and Apple stuff you got at Morrisons but it's never in stock !

Working my way through a few bottles of this tonight and have to say I like it and probably my fave TC.

Would deffo give it a try.

So... after cracking a bottle .... only a week in brew fridge as was late bottling but .....

Carbonation - time should improve but a 5/10.

Taste - fruity but cherry powering through 6/10

It's sweet, probably a little too sweet for my liking / but during a hot day and with a glass filled with ice it will go down well [emoji106]4/10

Overall 5/10

What happened to 2-2-2 method ?

Hehe I know what it's like, things come up etc. I've got a brew that I should have bottled at weekend but went to see iron maiden , then when I was ready the weather was **** poor so I've still got a newkie brown style brew waiting to bottle :/

How much did you batch prime with out of interest

Yeah... it was more like 2-1- and bit ! Lol.
It's interesting as didn't like at first but it's improved so I'm seeing the benefits of leaving this one.

I bottle primed - teaspoon of sugar in each.

Back