Refreshing Pink Lemon Apple Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanhead

Reaction score
After venturing into my local supermarket I was attracted to this drink and bloody hell was it refreshing;

241320.jpg

After replicating the ingredients for a 1 gallon batch I decided to brew it! Apologies for the lack of pictures, I only started to take pictures post ferment and not like my Alphonso Mango Cider recipe (found here viewtopic.php?f=41&t=40515).

Here's my recipe;

4 Ltr Pressed Apple Juice (Not From Concentrate)
1 small punnet of fresh raspberries (not too sure how much it weighed)
100g of Brewing Sugar (Glucose)
100ml of lemon juice
1x Strong Tea
1 Tsp Pectolase
Yeast Nutrient
Yeast (I used a generic yeast from my LHBS)

I froze my raspberries overnight and thawed in the morning soaked in the sugar; I mashed into a nice pulpy juice adding the lemon juice, strong tea and pectolase. Add apple juice to bowl and add to DJ using the remaining apple juice to clean the bowl of any remaining pulp. Leave the yeast nutrient and yeast and a small amount of sugar (two teaspoons) in a sealed bowl. Once started, add to the DJ and leave. I had a hydrometer reading of 1045; I wasn't expecting a high alcohol content cider, but after resembling the original refreshing sweet Copella drink.

I decided to do the above as it was cheaper than buying loads of the drink; I get the raspberries from my local market, already had pretty much everything else and bought the apple juice on offer.

Here's how it looks 24 hours in;

a2dlco.jpg

25qzyfb.jpg

I was worried I had made it pretty bright red, but 24 hours on it is getting the pink I was after.

Will keep you updated and hope this helps someone else out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much both ur posts look superb!
How long do u think this will take before it's ready to drink?

Always thought a pink lemon was a grapefruit thanks for the enlightenment :doh:

second2none - I'd say at least a week of fermentation prior to moving to a secondary and fermenting out for a further week before conditioning.

I purposefully didn't make it strong as I prefer it to be refreshing and sweet rather than strong.

Juggerluggs - definitely give it a try, has a brilliant colour to it now.

Will up some pics later.

Will be interested to see how your raspberry cider comes on calum, I was only after the colour and a hint of the raspberries rather than be overwhelmed by them (if that makes sense).

Its not as bright and clear as it was yesterday but I think that's because its really fermenting now and the sediment is going everywhere and I'm hoping its this which is clouding it slightly, still looks great none the less.

Today;

a9r5v6.jpg

Forever blowing bubbles!

2n6stu9.jpg

I have got the ingredients for this being delivered courtesy of Asda on Saturday morning ;)

I did get a bit confused tho, you don't actually add any of the cordial do you?

started a DJ of this yesterday and one exactly the same but with blackberries as well, both smelling pretty awesome and fermenting away nicely. cnt wait to try them both out and see how they compare

Hi peeps,
any updates on how this went? Did you stop it before it went too dry and wine-like?
The gf is wanting me to make her some koppaberg type flavoured cider, and as I think all those fake 15% apple juice "ciders" are morally wrong, Id rather make her (and me) some 100% juice cider with other fruit flavours.
Did you make this into a fizzy style cider or scrumpy?
Was it a success?

I have found a raspberry syrup made by Lowena?? the polish looking brand who do the popular cherry syrup, so il lbe making some that way!

What lemon juice did you use for this brew. Only ones I can find have preservatives in them? Or do you use fresh juice?
TIA
Danny

Back