Essential Brewing equipment - Shower Cap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravey

Regular.
Reaction score
Well it's essential if, like me, you have dandruff. I only recently got back into homebrewing after 5 or so years out. Back then I had some very nice wines but pretty much all my beers were poured out. This year I've done about 8 successful brews and the three things that I changed were :

- dechlorinating my water
- using no rinse sanitiser
- wearing a shower cap

I recall some time back as I was leaning over my FV with a paddle to mix it up, I watched in horror as a flake of dandruff floated down towards the wort. As you may know dandruff is caused by a yeast like fungus, and you don't want that competing with your cultivated yeast.

My failures may not have been related to dandruff, but this time around it's all going really well and I'm happy to use belt and braces at the same time :)

Next time you are in your local HBS ask if they stock -

511188_xlarge.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Seriously, before Head and Shoulders came out I had galloping dandruff no matter what I used! This included loads of anti-dandruff Brylcreem after shampooing in Vosene! (Remember those products anyone?)

Joe Hart hasn't done English Football any favours but he knows his shampoo! :thumb:

PS

Memo to self "If Ravey ever offers me a pint check for shoulder decorations!" :whistle: :whistle:

I don't find H&S works very well. I use T-Gel once a week and Vosene daily and it does the trick.

Latest posts

Back