Ace micro brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of this bit of kit for the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACE-Micro...114137a&pid=100033&rk=4&rkt=4&sd=322320786484

s-l1000.jpg

unboxing video here.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyvGLJ5kV-0&t=2s[/ame]

The price shown on the eBay link is now showing as £1325. Is that right? About twice the price of a Grainfather?

Shiny shiny all right!
You could think is it worth spending all that money?? I battled with spending 600+ beaver pelts on aGF..
Dint like the dials all the way down..
Being disables it will take ages to get down and read it and adjust! But at least they are incorporated and not another part that would be assembled...if the whole display knack up (wiring defect etc) getting it sorted...how getting it sorted?
I'll need to look closely in the reviews before I can comment anymore..
For now £600+ well spent in my gf!
There's always a shiny shiny in the market...all singing all dancing that will satisfy your needs!
Not saying this would be the one!
But the price needs to be the out of this world!! Specially if your sure your AG is going to step up in the hobby!
Think like all the 'all in one systems'
It's what you pay for...
I miss the fun of my ol three tier AG set up...it worked (eventually tweaking it!) but things like these takes the fun and initial learning out of it!
Still shiny shiny n I'll love shiny shiny!! If I was rich!!! Lol

Eh!!!
Am I missing something about the price?? The one in Evilbay was over
Hmmmmm! Prop it 'Brian' thinking again...n not looking properly!! Lol

Whoa! It was not this much when I purchased it. it was 325+5.99 shipping

No, it's what they do when they're out of stock to stop people ordering.

Nigel is right, called them, and that's exactly what they said. They're sending my unit out today for the price I bought it for 325+shipping.

I'll post a review when I get it.

Nigel is right, called them, and that's exactly what they said. They're sending my unit out today for the price I bought it for 325+shipping.

Phewwww! Confusing in my tiny brain again!!!
Yous know I get confused with a 1 peice jigsaw puzzle..
But that eBay add is nearly put me reaching for my medication!
Thx all for understanding...lol

Did they say when they were going to get any more in ?

Keep me posted as really want to go all grain soon

I also have a stick welder btw :whistle:

Hehe stick welders are cool. Just not enough resolution to make the quality welds for small applications like welding a bung or doing stainless steel. :)

Hehe stick welders are cool. Just not enough resolution to make the quality welds for small applications like welding a bung or doing stainless steel. :)

If got a good welder if you do want help with a project, I've forgotten the model off the top of my head but I remember it being able to do tif aswell if I get the accessories

One comment on the temp probe...........

Seems a bit slow to read the actual temp. Did a short boil test today with water and it was out by between 3 and 8c. Was worried I'd got a duffer but once it had reached the boil the reading was near enough spot on with my Hanna probe all the way down to 60c. Will do another test tomorrow heating to 70 on my hand held and see how long it takes the built in probe to catch up. Will report back

Cheers. Tom

Back