Designing Great Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zephyr259

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience with this book? Its getting on a bit now but I presume the theories are still sound?

Thanks

This book won't give you recipes. It won't tell you what to do. But it will give you the ratios of styles and what the ingredient types are needed to achieve a particular style. I have a personal copy of it. With lots of hand notes scribbled in, markers everywhere. But that's because I enjoy developing my own recipes.

If your looking for recipes to "do" rather than developing your own then something like the pocket home brew book or some of the other recipe books that the guys on here would recommend is your best bet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great book, a personal favourite and essential when starting out developing recipes.

As Hoddy says, not much in the way of recipes, but loads of info on how to develop your own. If you make beer from your own recipes, you need this book!

Thanks guys, I have recipe books already but for building my own I only have the chapter in How to Brew and this forum to go on. Gonna get a copy and study it while I practice on some Greg Hughes' recipes.

Back