Anyone made alcoholic Kombucha?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Global33

Reaction score
So I know you can ferment most things, but was reading another website about Kombucha and apparently this is actually a thing. That is fermenting it past the very low alcohol content that it has naturally to beer strength of beyond. I'm looking for a small FV to do my next batch of the normal stuff in as I enjoyed it so much, so this may be worth a go. :)

Link

So I know you can ferment most things, but was reading another website about Kombucha and apparently this is actually a thing. That is fermenting it past the very low alcohol content that it has naturally to beer strength of beyond. I'm looking for a small FV to do my next batch of the normal stuff in as I enjoyed it so much, so this may be worth a go. :)

Link
Hi Global33 did you mange to brew the kombucha ? I tried it last week and love it :D I might give it a go

Just reading the link. This is an interesting statement:

In fact, many drinks that you’d consider to be completely nonalcoholic have about as much alcohol in them as regular kombucha tea, including many types of fruit juice and bottled sodas – and even beer that’s sold as being “non-alcoholic.” That’s because anything that naturally ferments, like grains, fruits, and sugars, will automatically generate small amounts of alcohol.

Back