A little visitor has been eating my grain

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a problem with mice in my garage a few years ago and that was before I did home brewing. I'd occasionally here them scurrying around, could smell the wee and one day went in there and one was sat there, completely ignoring me. They went when I spilt some petrol in there and I realised they dont like the smell. They came back the following winter so I poured some petrol on the floor and left it and they left again. I found out where they were getting in which was the hole where the gas pipe came in so sealed it and never had a problem again.

It's awful once they get in. They get everywhere. We had just moved into my in laws between moves and had our sofas (1yr old DFS suite) stacked up in the "play room". There's a door that leads to the garage and it had been left open overnight.

Found loads of dropping and when unstacking sofas realised they had nested in there.

They were ripped and covered in poo and ****. Was devastating to throw them out but they were nackered.

Managed to catch all of the nuggets though. Traditional mouse trap armed with Peanut Butter! They love the stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well, the grain is gone and the place is cleaned up. Hopefully they won't be inclined to come back!

Hehe we've got 4 moggies whose whole purpose in life is to seek and destroy mice ( inbetween sleeping ).

Same here, the 4 cats are avid hunters! But they do bring us presents sometime live ones!!

Not heard of those new Hungarian Super Mice? Guns like anvils! They'll soon have that lid off. I read it in the Sun - It must be true!

Don't worry about that because it's going to be the end of the world before your next brew day !!!! I know it's true because it was in the the Sunday sport!!!!!

And if it's in the Sunday sport it must be 3001% more accurate then the sun newspaper!!!

Latest posts

Back