Christmas brew schedules

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You make a lot of cider right? Have I got time to get one (with supermarket juice) done before Christmas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easily - two weeks to ferment and two weeks in the bottle. Crack on this week if not already and you’ll be good.

I find Turbo ciders carb up much quicker than beer.

Easily - two weeks to ferment and two weeks in the bottle. Crack on this week if not already and you’ll be good.

I find Turbo ciders carb up much quicker than beer.

Thanks! I had a read of Roddy's instructions and figured I had time. I've ordered some yeast and will do 10L each of TC and hard ginger beer.

Thanks! I had a read of Roddy's instructions and figured I had time. I've ordered some yeast and will do 10L each of TC and hard ginger beer.

Sounds good. I’ve got my mulled cider bubbling away and will be kicking off some of Roddy’s strawberry and lime TC next weekend .

Intriguing. ...link to Roddys please or post me a 5 litre quick recipe for a cider please! Wilko bits if possible! I have a demijon waiting!

Intriguing. ...link to Roddys please or post me a 5 litre quick recipe for a cider please! Wilko bits if possible! I have a demijon waiting!

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=652157

This is the thread with instructions I'll be following. I've ordered a yeast with sweetener off eBay but I figure you need to scale the use of the yeast for smaller batches as the amount of sweetener in 10L intended for 25L wouldn't go well. Wilko ale yeast would ferment the cider no problem but I presume would be very dry.

Great thanks! A couple of ?....325g seems a lot of priming sugar..how long does this take to ferment?

Clint - I give it a standard 2 weeks.
They’re quick turn arounds and whilst they do mature with age I reckon they’re good to drink 2 weeks after bottling .

Clint - I give it a standard 2 weeks.
They’re quick turn arounds and whilst they do mature with age I reckon they’re good to drink 2 weeks after bottling .

Ps ... I tend to use half the sachet of the cider yeast with sweetener ordered from eBay when doing a 5l-10l [emoji106]

I feel a bit better about my Christmas stocks now, 20L of stuff on for the non beer drinkers. We'll order a case of wine, like to push the boat out a bit there at Christmas

well, I am pretty much done for the festive period

40 * 500ml St peters honey porter ( sample bottle was fab)
40 * 500ml Bulldog bad cat imperial red
30 * 500ml Festival American amber ale
20l John Bull IPA with a good Citra dry hop
20 * 500ml own hop( Cascade) pale ale
15l of Coopers Cervesa with Citra
a Wilco Cervesa just finishing its ferment, but want to lager it

About to pop on a strawberry and Lime TC following Roddy's method.

All told more than enough for me, the in-laws can drink the box of stella currently inn the basement someone left at the last BBQ in the summer.

and a lager just finishing it phase at 2 degrees for will be bottled/carbed and conditioned in time for santa!

All told more than enough for me, the in-laws can drink the box of stella currently inn the basement someone left at the last BBQ in the summer.

Not much fond of the in-laws then? I like your style - save the good stuff for yourself. I ain't got an Xmas schedule... just keep churning it out at the same rate all year thru'. Xmas is junk anyway except for the few extra days the bosses insist on giving me.

Not much fond of the in-laws then? I like your style - save the good stuff for yourself. I ain't got an Xmas schedule... just keep churning it out at the same rate all year thru'. Xmas is junk anyway except for the few extra days the bosses insist on giving me.

I meant to tell you, we went to a charity table top fair the other day and my two year old met Father Christmas. On 17 November. World's gone mad.

. I ain't got an Xmas schedule... just keep churning it out at the same rate all year thru'. Xmas is junk anyway except for the few extra days the bosses insist on giving me.

I like your style. I like to drink and brew at a steady rate. I hate breaking my brewing stride at Christmas and in summer.:thumb:

Have a Beamish to go into a mini keg,a diy dog 'Hunter pale' same treatment for a mate.Other than that have loads in reserve as have cut back a tad on the booze due to some health issues:twisted:
Not totally however:lol:
You mean "Hunter Foundation Pale Ale" (DIYDog #88)? Never come across anyone else brewing this. I picked it as my first "DIYDog" attempt because it was more "conventional" than others and didn't involve dry-hopping. Just the sort of thing that probably gets it ignored.

Very nice. Once it gets over giving the impression you've got 10 gallons of grapefruit juice in the fermenter. And doesn't go steeply downhill after 2-3 months like my "Dead Pony Club" clone has (loads of dry-hops).

You mean "Hunter Foundation Pale Ale" (DIYDog #88)? Never come across anyone else brewing this. I picked it as my first "DIYDog" attempt because it was more "conventional" than others and didn't involve dry-hopping. Just the sort of thing that probably gets it ignored.

Very nice. Once it gets over giving the impression you've got 10 gallons of grapefruit juice in the fermenter. And doesn't go steeply downhill after 2-3 months like my "Dead Pony Club" clone has (loads of dry-hops).
Indeed it was the foundation ale.Interested to give it a try once carbed up:thumb:

Back