Gooooooood evening good evening good evening good evening...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chop_Suey_Stuey

Reaction score
Hello all

Whilst getting into homebrewing, pretty much every question I googled brought me here; now that I've managed to brew a few gallons of wine I'm pretty much hooked so thought that it would be a good time to register myself.

I'm currently brewing a summer fruits rosé and a white grape and peach wine, after brewing (drinking) my first attempt of blackcurrant rosé and an apple white wine :drunk:

Once pay day comes round I'm going to crack on with the Wilko Newkie brown kit and try out a pressure barrel (any advice is always appreciated).

Hope to speak to some of you soon. :cheers:

Stu
Chop_Suey_Stuey

Welcome to the forum :cheers:
Best advice I can give you for a pressure barrel is not to over prime it, put a smear of Vaseline on the washer in the lid and not to over tighten the lid. Most problems with pressure barrels come from loss of pressure due to over tightening the lid. I just use thumb and forefinger to do it up
:cheers:

Welcome welcome welcome!!
You'll like it on here, everyone is most helpful.
I like the QI style introduction, best thing on the box!!

Thanks for the welcome all (And the advice Eggman) Just picked up 2 Pressure barrels from ebay for 99p so will be applying those words of wisdom sooner than I thought.
I've got a week off work now so I guess I'll just have to make a batch and try them out, lifes just so unfair :D

Cheers

Latest posts

Back