New home brew shop in Bristol - Love To Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveToBrew

Brew shop
Reaction score
Thanks to the admins for giving me permission to post here.

Love To Brew is a new home brew shop in Brislington village, Bristol. We opened on Tuesday and I'm pleased to say we have had a good response so far and even had some paying customers :D

As a home brewer myself, I wanted to do something different to working in an office for the rest of my life, so after being made redundant last year, set the ball rolling to opening my own shop. The entire project has been self-financed and has taken about six months to get off the ground, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the next few months turn out.

It's early days, but I have big plans for the future, which I'll reveal nearer the time! In the meantime, if you live in the Bristol area, please feel free to pop in anytime. We are located at 7 Brislington Hill, Bristol, BS4 5BE, which is on the A4, opposite the old White Hart pub. We are open Tuesday to Saturday, with late-night opening on Thursday, until 8pm. We also have a website HERE. There will be some more products going up on the site over the next week or so, due to a last minute supply change and additional stock coming in.

I'd be very interested to hear your feedback and comments. It's still very early days, so I know that we can't please everyone or stock everything at this stage, but I'm open to suggestions and once the business starts proving itself, I will be significantly expanding the range.

Thanks for your time

Simon

Popped in this evening after work as I wanted an auto siphon, so I thought I'd post a phone pic of what the owner has done so far and a bit of a mini review.
IMG_20130808_190225_436_zps877f5258.jpg

Simon, the owner, is a very pleasant chap and we chatted for quite a while. Its quite clearly a business which has just started up as there is lots of space still to fill, that said the range of stock is still pretty impressive. There's a better range of grain and hops than most of the well established HBSs I've visited, albeit Youngs ones, and the promise that he can get in plenty of different things to order. He has a great range of dried yeasts Safale/Saflager, Danstar, Muntons and others. There is s decent choice of one and two can bitter kits, cider kits, lager kits, wines (6 and 30 bottle ones) as well as starter kits, siphons, chemicals, etc. etc. Prices seem on a par with other local shops I the siphon I bought was little cheaper than it is in another local shop but the free parking behind made it a worthwhile saving.

Simon hasn't yet brewed AG himself but talking to him he's obviously done a lot of reading and seems to know quite a lot, if he wants to do a brew day then I've offered to help him out (an offer I would extend to anyone local). He's selling Electrim boilers which is what I use for BIAB and I'm pleased to see that as the manufacturer Peco have given me awesome customer service.

Hopefully when the shops been trading a while he'll be able to extend the range of stock as he is planning and I'll certainly be going back.

Latest posts

Back