Morrisons Beer Festival

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Noticed a selection of beers I'd not really seen before in my local Morrisons in their beer festival event. Brews from Oakham, Belhaven, St Peters (Plum Porter!), Badger, Hook Norton and various others, maybe 14-16 beers including IPA and APAs?

All for £1.50 a bottle with the added bonus that you can refill them with delicious home brew once you've enjoyed the original contents.

Would have stocked up myself but in a bit of a hurry. Will have to go back tomorrow!

Noticed a selection of beers I'd not really seen before in my local Morrisons in their beer festival event. Brews from Oakham, Belhaven, St Peters (Plum Porter!), Badger, Hook Norton and various others, maybe 14-16 beers including IPA and APAs?

All for £1.50 a bottle with the added bonus that you can refill them with delicious home brew once you've enjoyed the original contents.

Would have stocked up myself but in a bit of a hurry. Will have to go back tomorrow!
Picked up 3 yesterday,you would have thought they would have had a multi purchase offer on them,mean buggers

Picked up 3 yesterday,you would have thought they would have had a multi purchase offer on them,mean buggers

Well I can't remember what their usual offer is, if it was 3 for £5 then it's cheaper, but if 4 for £6 then the same price. Maybe they could have done 4 for £5 :whistle:

Well I can't remember what their usual offer is, if it was 3 for £5 then it's cheaper, but if 4 for £6 then the same price. Maybe they could have done 4 for £5 :whistle:
Maths is a bit off mate, even at full price its still 3 for £4.50 not a fiver lol

Think Morrisons is usually £1.65 a bottle or 4 for £6.00 (wow, what a saving !)

Maths is a bit off mate, even at full price its still 3 for �£4.50 not a fiver lol

I meant the price they normally knock them out for not 3 x £1.5. :mrgreen: My maths isn't that bad ;)

Three for £5 would be £1.66 each.

Got myself a couple of mini kegs full of shipyard pale ale. 11 quid each! Bargain!

It's a nice beer Too! It's "like something else" but I can't think what. Anyone any ideas or know what I mean?

I got 4 beers worth noting all £1.50 but they left the 4 for £6 sign up so its the normal price you just don't have to buy in 4s.
Oakham ales Kiwi Gold, very light in colour and lacking in body but an amazing hop aroma and flavour
Oakham ales American pale, more amber and the perfect grain bill for a pale ale doesn't lack the body of the above but hop flavour nowhere near as good. This grain bill with the kiwi hops would make an amazing beer.
Both of these have a grassy/leafy flavour that there Citra and greendevil beers have which until this I thought was from citra hops but since neither of the new ones have any I have no idea what its from.
Shipyard little horror of hops rye IPA, to me this is a more flavoursome version of Adnams ghost ship. Note this is the only one of the 4 not marked as a morrisons beer festival beer.
Greenking black IPA I didn't have high hopes for this one and its slightly better than what you would expect from greenking IPA with some black malt.

Yeah popped in the other day and picked up the Oakham Kiwi Gold - bloody awful!

Far too many/too much hops. Very bitter, half went down the sink.......Usually find their stuff is really interesting and tasty.

Latest posts

Back