Xmas swap offer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dan125

BIAB brewer
Reaction score
I'm currently brewing a batch of porter that should be nicely matured by Xmas and wondered if anyone fancied a swap?

I really enjoyed taking part in last years Secret Santa bottle swap, and it was great to have a couple of 'mystery' beers to sample over chrimbo.

I know its not being organised this year, and I don't have enough time on my hands to offer to do it, but when I bottle this batch I'll pop a couple of pints into Coopers plastic bottles (safer to post) and am up for swapping them with anyone who fancies it.

I'd be happy to swap with any type of brew - kit, extract, AG etc & any style.
:cheers:

I am in if you want, not sure what yet but it will be all grain and can send in coopers bottles. I will be bottling what I have called Redhill red ale (I live in Redhill) in a week. Its 3.6Kg maris otter 100g crystal 500g carared 44.5g fuggles and 100g wai iti. No idea what it will be like as I have never tried carared or wai iti before. Beersmith showed it should be 4% but it was 2 points over in sg so maybe 4.3%. If you don't like the sound of it you can swap for anything else I make before Christmas. Whats the details on the porter and how many do you want to swap?

Cheers Simon:thumb:
I'm up for sampling the Redhill red ale, it sounds interesting, and half the fun of a swap is a chance to try something new.
I'll be bottling the porter in a few weeks, it's OG 1.060 and according to the software is colour; 93 EBC & bitterness; 38 EBC, made with MO, crystal, choc & black malts & a mixture of UK hops; challenger, pilgrim & Bramling cross for bittering, and fuggles & Goldings at the end of the boil (was using up some left overs).
As its quite strong I wanted to give it a good length of time maturing, but it would probably be best to swap a good few weeks before chrimbo to give the bottles a chance to settle etc. I'm a bit concerned about keeping the beer in plastic bottles for so long though. I don't often use the Cooper's bottles but have a couple to hand. I know they're meant to be oxy-safe or whatever they call it but will they be ok for 2-3 months?? Do you use them much?
I was thinking it would to good to swap 1 each with a couple of different people if there was any interest, maybe we could send 2 each in a sort of beer triangle if there's anyone else out there up for it????

A bit of side step. How much does it cost to send a bottle around? Say 500ml, well wrapped in bobble wrap and in a sturdy cardboard box.

I might be up for this though I only brew kits atm.

I can't remember exactly but it was about 3 quid I think

The porter went into the 2ndry last night at 1.012, so 6.3% abv.
I had a small sample glass and its coming on a treat.

Redhill red ale when into a second FV on sunday, I have a brew partner so would like to swap 2 if thats OK. If you are planning to post close to Christmas do you want to swap a selection of brews ie I could likely send you 6-10 different brews by then if I save some up.

Glass bottles should be fine to send if well wrapped. I safely received a glass bottle in last years swap. Might be a bit more expensive to post???

So my porter's been in the bottle for just over 2 weeks now, so will soon be ready to send post if you're still up for it?

I had forgotten about this, I only have glass bottles left of the Redhill red ale (that isn't red) but can make sure its well packaged. Alternatively I just bottled a full bodied bitter 5.6% ABV with Target EKG and wai iti hops (its very cloudy and looks a bad colour though) and will bottle this weekend a Pale ale that should be 5% ish with alot of cascade and some EKG. What do you fancy?

I've had my milestone donner and blitzed bottled for around 3 weeks now. All in pet bottles so if your interested in a swap then let me know :)

Hi
SO sorry for not getting back to you about this sooner, but a combo of computer probs and going away for a while, and it had slipped my mind.
Anyway I still have the 2 PET bottles of porter ready to swap and nicely matured now. If you want to message me with the address you'd like it sent to I'll get them in the post straight away and they'll have a couple of weeks to settle before chrimbo.
Simon - the 5% pale ale sounds good if you still have any??
Adam - are you still up for a swap???

Wish I could trade with you guys. Anyone in the states let me know in you want to trade

Is it to late to sign up for this?
Im only working kit an kilo ATM but am happy to post out some bottles for some festive sampleing!

Dave

I'd be up for a bit of festive swapping. I have only glass bottles, no PET. Will this be safe to post if I've used crown caps?

I sent one in a 500ml bottle which was received ok.

one I received arrived in a royal mail plastic 'apology for the state of the parcel' bag in which was a soggy but nice smelling ex-cardboard box. the bottle was intact.

re: postage it's under £3 to send a 500ml glass bottle.

maybe this would be a good additional measure?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4yR0eiBTAk[/ame]

I sent one in a 500ml bottle which was received ok.

one I received arrived in a royal mail plastic 'apology for the state of the parcel' bag in which was a soggy but nice smelling ex-cardboard box. the bottle was intact.

re: postage it's under £3 to send a 500ml glass bottle.

maybe this would be a good additional measure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4yR0eiBTAk

For postage options it's worth checking out Hermes https://www.myhermes.co.uk/ as I use them for all my parcels I sell on eBay. They are all tracked too.

Very convenient to use and you can pay via PayPal without having to stand for ever in the Post Office behind copper collectors counting £100 worth if 1p coins in bags, Grannies talking about the funeral they have just been to or chavs with six packs cashing their 'incapacity benefit' (no offence to any genuinely ill chavs with six packs).

I tried to use hermes to send out my hop taster packs but unless you've got a printer for there labels (which I don't) they wont accept parcels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back