Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on the White grape juice and apple/pear wine and Clear it finings.

The one litre of white grape juice and one litre of apple/pear juice wine has turned out very well and as i said in an earlier thread its the first time i have used this juice so i am happy with the results, the youngs clear it finings cleared it in 48 hours so it looks like my bucket of wine is the problem not the finings.

5000232873354_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Put my first wow wine on tonight, thought I'd try 2 different ones I went for red grape with orange and also I thought I'd try a white grape+peach with pomegranate+blueberry can't wait to see how they get on!!

Is there any chance for the 2 part instructional video to come back in the opening post?
Tried to watch again today and noticed that its gone.. Should have paid more attention to what I was watching first time round:oops:

Put my first wow wine on tonight, thought I'd try 2 different ones I went for red grape with orange and also I thought I'd try a white grape+peach with pomegranate+blueberry can't wait to see how they get on!!

For best results use a litre of grape juice (whatever colour you fancy) and a litre of another juice.

The grape juice adds body, if you use cartons of grape juice mixed with other juice you wont have enough grape juice to get the body.

For best results use a litre of grape juice (whatever colour you fancy) and a litre of another juice.

The grape juice adds body, if you use cartons of grape juice mixed with other juice you wont have enough grape juice to get the body.

Iv got the wgj+peach with blueberry+pomegranate brewing now so I'll keep my fingers crossed it comes out on ok, may be ill top up to the neck with more grape juice when it's ready?

The 2nd video is great but doesn't say exactly what to add and when after the first racking.
Things like Potasium Sorbate and Finings especially.
Are they added at the same time or do you add the Potasium Sorbate and then wait and only add the Finings if you need them?
Could someone write it down please for future reference? :D

My first attempt at a wow but couldn't find any white grape juice anywhere so her goes:

1 litre Orange Juice

1 Litre red grape juice

800g Sugar

1 mug of strong black tea.

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super yeast)

1 tsp Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

Making the wine using the original method.

The 2nd video is great but doesn't say exactly what to add and when after the first racking.
Things like Potasium Sorbate and Finings especially.
Are they added at the same time or do you add the Potasium Sorbate and then wait and only add the Finings if you need them?
Could someone write it down please for future reference? :D

Rack onto a crushed Campden tablet, add stabiliser (fermentation stopper) degas then add finings, I do it all in one go .

My first attempt at a wow but couldn't find any white grape juice anywhere so her goes:

1 litre Orange Juice

1 Litre red grape juice

800g Sugar

1 mug of strong black tea.

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super yeast)

1 tsp Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

Making the wine using the original method.

Orange and red grape juice is a new one, let us know how it turns out.

When degassing a demijohn is the plastic coat hanger and drill method to excessive or will simple shakes do?

I used the shake it method when first making wine, it does do the job but it takes a fair bit of shaking and has to be done several times, the drill and wine whip (wand) makes it a two minute job and is no effort at all, degassing a 23.5 litre bucket with your long mixing spoon is no fun at all but a breeze with the wand and drill.

A shop bought wand -

fizzx.jpg

My home made coat hanger version -

333333333333333.jpg

How to make it -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwq3TpkqCE[/ame]

If it still seems a bit gassy after adding Finings is it OK to give it a few more shakes? In fact should I be shaking them daily to re mix in the Finings?

If you shake it it will mix the sediment back in, you must get as much of the CO2 out before adding the fining.

I recently started this mixed bunch -

1 x Red grape juice and Apple.

1 x White grape juice and apple/raspberry.

2 x White grape juice and apple/pear (i haven't tried this before so fingers crossed)

20140927_145829.jpg

White grape juice and apple/raspberry and White grape juice and apple/pear ready to bottle, i said in the original post that we hadn't tried the WGJ and apple/pear combination before, the good news is it turned out well.

20141025_175909.jpg

Hi. I have read and re-read so apologies if asking the same question. Do you rack the first time after 2 weeks from start or is it 2 weeks after you have refilled with water which would be 3 weeks from start. Mine has been 2 weeks and is still bubbling quite a lot but dont want to leave it sitting in the dead yeast.

You wait until its finished fermenting .990 (or one bubble every couple of minutes) then leave it another week for the yeast to clean up after itself then rack onto a crushed campden tablet, degas and add stabiliser and finings.

Latest posts

Back