Dried Fruit Suppliers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeastLord

Reaction score
Just reading through CJJ Berry's book and he recommends the colour and flavour of a bilberry over an elderberry wine.

Made me wonder if anyone here knows of a good retailer for dried bilberry's etc for country wines?

I've looked at a few homebrew online retailers and it seems sloe/elberberry/elderflower/rosehip is about the norm.

Don't know about dried bilberries. Takes forever picking them.
Bonne Maman, French jams with gingham check lids, do a jam Configures de Myrtilles sauvages which I have had before (from where cannot recall)
Which gets translated as wild blueberries. But is wrong as myrtles are another name for bilberries. And blueberries are not wild in Europe.
CJJ Berry has a recipe for jam wine......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Don't know about dried bilberries. Takes forever picking them.
Bonne Maman, French jams with gingham check lids, do a jam Configures de Myrtilles sauvages which I have had before (from where cannot recall)
Which gets translated as wild blueberries. But is wrong as myrtles are another name for bilberries. And blueberries are not wild in Europe.
CJJ Berry has a recipe for jam wine......

Hmmm...you make an interesting point. Is it one you've tried yourself as a wine?

Also, in your FV4 you have a Winebuddy Cab Wav and Youngs elderberry, have you mixed these as an experiment or is it tried and tested? Seems an interesting idea to combine and tweak kits.

Can't say I've made a jam wine. But CJJ Berry lists it :) so must be an option.
As for the wine buddy cab sav plus elderberry, well I thought they were both a bit thin. They were on offer at tesco at the start if the year, so it was economical to try it. It's been in a bottle for 6 months and has made a nice quafable wine.

Latest posts

Back