WLP300

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a vial of White Labs WLP300 Hefe yeast in my fridge which I bought a couple of months ago for a brew I've still not got around to yet (I seem to have been roped into devoting yet another brewday to a Timothy Taylor Landlord clone for family and friends ;) ). Its expiry is around the end of September, but is there anything I should do in the meantime to ensure its longevity? Should I make a starter solution with it, and then refrigerate it again?

For reference, I hope finally to get the Hefe on the go for early September, but I don't want to get there only to find that I only have about 3 live cells left in the vial! Since I've had the vial it's always been refrigerated at about 4C but, of course, I've no idea how it's been treated before I got my hands on it!

Thanks,
Tim.

From what i've read it should be fine as it is, just expect the starter to be a bit slower getting going when you do get around to brewing.

Back