HELLP trying to make fruty wash

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooper01236

Reaction score
hopping some on can help me with this

Im looking to make a wash not to distil as that is illegal where I live in uk im looking to make a nice tasting 20% fruity wash with alcotec-fruity-turbo-yeast. I need to no how to add the fruit to the wash for 25l like do u get mixed fruit mash it up then boil it let it cool add the suger and yeast job dun I will also mesher the suger in the bucket then can I add activated carbon and to end use finings to clear is there anything I have wrong or missed out would appreciate your help thanks

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

Personally, I recommend that you DO NOT change the recommendations of Alcotec.

The Alcotec Turbo Yeast systems are mainly designed to use a pure fermentable sugar to produce (as a maximum under ideal conditions) a 20% ABV "vodka" which can then be flavoured.

If you introduce fruit or fruit juices into the mash before fermentation, there is a significant danger that the fermentation process will produce the seriously poisonous products of fermentation (i.e. methanol and fusel oils) in sufficient concentrations as to be a danger to whoever drinks it.

I hope this helps to dissuade you.

Thanks man life saver is the alcotk 48 wash just sugar water safe at 20% safe to drink well it hasn't killed me yet thanks man

Thanks man life saver is the alcotk 48 wash just sugar water safe at 20% safe to drink well it hasn't killed me yet thanks man

No problem with using just sugar as per instructions ...

... but be aware that the ABV is up in the "serious alcohol content" section so take it easy if you are thinking of drinking it neat.

After brewing and clearing, you might like to try adding the zest from a lime and a lemon to a bottle.

Left to steep for a couple of weeks, mixed 50/50 with lemonade and served with a slice of lime, it's a great aperitif! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back