Laptop screen dimmer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey beer heads

Anyone know a safe screen dimmer free software package for a laptop, preferably Windows 7 friendly. ive tried the squinting technique for a while now and its engraving a frown.
ive got it down to the lowest setting but it still feels too bright.:-(

Any ideas?

I assume you mean you done teh function key and down arrow (on most laptops) until the screen is really dark? after that sunglasses i guess

Yes Covrich I did all of that, even used the battery saver option.

Cheers Rickster, I noticed a few out there but theres sooo many scam sites I didn't want to choose a dodge one. This works great! Have a home brew on me:mrgreen:

Have you tried going into video card options if the function key and down arrow doesn't lower it enough?

I did after chippy but then lost the flux. ill have another go tomorrow

If you have a nvidia gfx card and nvidia control panel you can adjust the usual brightness/contrast thru it but also try playing around with both the gamma and digital vibrance, digital vibrance is at default of +50, increasing it can really make colours pop which depending how good your monitor is can let you take brightness controls well down.

Back