Bath or Shower?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bath or shower?

• Love a Bath.

• Prefer a Shower.

• Shower to save money.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The recent smart meter discussion got me thinking about the money i would save if i stopped wallowing in the bath and had a shower instead (we had one put in when we sorted the bathroom a few years ago), this demonstrated why (other than less often meter readings) a smart meter will be totally wasted on me, i love wallowing in the bath even though i know financially it makes no sense.

It may be an age thing as no one had showers when i was a kid.

Do you -

Love a bath.

Prefer a shower.

Shower to save money.

next time you shower leave the plug in and see just how much water difference there is.

Fwiw I can use a bathful of water with a shower easily (a good deep clean shower..)

I've not had a bath for many years, mainly because I don't really fit in them. If I could get a bath that I could get my chest and feet under the water at the same time, I would love a bath. So I just shower every day...

Quick shower every couple of days and/or if I feel I would like one.
Have used the bath about twice in ten years. Don't like to lie in soapy scummy water.

I've not had a bath for many years, mainly because I don't really fit in them. If I could get a bath that I could get my chest and feet under the water at the same time, I would love a bath. So I just shower every day...

Start saving :wink:

fee13fd00d7ea3f4_3573-w618-h494-b0-p0--contemporary-bathroom.jpg

You could always tell the other half to jump into the tub after you to save hot water :)

You could always tell the other half to jump into the tub after you to save hot water :)

She has been doing that for years, i take ages when i have a bath she is in and out in a few minutes, has anyone else noticed their wives/partners also do this quick dunk?

Most of the year our hot water is a free by-product of running the woodburner so cost isn't an issue.
I used to prefer a bath but these days I just shower every morning.
To tell the truth it won't be long before I won't be able to have a bath because I won't be able to get out of it after I'm finished.:lol:

As I always shower I can't remember when I last had a bath!
Years ago I guess.
Shower every morning - part of the wake up routine.
Cheers

As I always shower I can't remember when I last had a bath!
Years ago I guess.
Shower every morning - part of the wake up routine.
Cheers

Same here, life too short for lying about in a bath, get bored after 10-15 minutes to fill and 3 minutes in the bath. With a shower I could be out the door by then!

Hi!
I love a long soak in the tub with a good book or a crossword, but I haven't had a bath for ages - as I get older I have great difficulty heaving myself up out it.
Now I shower and hop into bed to keep warm and do the crossword there.
I'm sure there's a line in some sitcom about a fat bloke whose nickname is Spider because he can't get out of the bath.

Same here, life too short for lying about in a bath, get bored after 10-15 minutes to fill and 3 minutes in the bath. With a shower I could be out the door by then!

For me this is the whole point hot bath, favorites radio station playing and a locked door, sanctuary.

She has been doing that for years, i take ages when i have a bath she is in and out in a few minutes, has anyone else noticed their wives/partners also do this quick dunk?

No mine bathed (full up) 3 times min' a day. So bath had to go and now walkin shower :)

But once had a wine party in a bath and played buzz with bath full of wine :doh:

A weekly shower at the local swimming pool, plus a daily scrub down with baby-wipes (scented with French cologne) keeps us clean and smelling nice in the motorhome, so we keep to a similar routine at home; but use our own shower.

I can't remember the last time I struggled in and out of a bath, but I well remember the last time that SWMBO and I shared a bath!

I "won" the end with the taps and the plug-hole and after we had finished I yanked the plug out at the back of me to let the water out.

Seconds later, I felt a pressure on my chest and a "queazy" feeling in my stomach! Hypochondria kicked in and "I'm having a heart-attack!" flashed across my mind.

I then realised that the bath had emptied at the back of me, my backside was creating a perfect seal and the sudden pressure on my chest was caused by the weight of the water still trapped on the upstream side! :doh:

Sad to say, we have never shared another bath! :whistle:

I have about 2 baths a year and shower the rest of the time.

Latest posts

Back