looking for a beer recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobgoblin

Reaction score
ok the story my mates grandson reckons homebrew beer is weak trash so i have plotted with my mate to brew a beer that will knock the arrogant little boy on his butt (he is of drinking age)

so i have looked at a few recipes and well none of them i have found seem to have a kick in the nether's im looking for :twisted:

i i thought i would turn to you the expert brewers to help me uphold the honer of our brewhood :thumb:

Tactical Nuclear Penguin from The DIY Dog PDF will knock his pants off. Not sure how big your freezer is though!

Seriously though, a good Double IPA should do the trick, and DIY Dog is probably a good place to start!

Tactical Nuclear Penguin from The DIY Dog PDF will knock his pants off. Not sure how big your freezer is though!

Seriously though, a good Double IPA should do the trick, and DIY Dog is probably a good place to start!

what pdf????

I doubt someone that young would actually appreciate a good beer. If he has developed a taste for beer at all, it is probably for commercial lagers or sugar ales (thin ales with sugar used to boost alcohol.)

Unfortunately it has been scientifically proven that young palates have been proven to be too sensitive to appreciate more complex and intense flavours such as good beer.

I certainly wouldn't try an IPA or hop-forward beer on a youngster!

I doubt someone that young would actually appreciate a good beer. If he has developed a taste for beer at all, it is probably for commercial lagers or sugar ales (thin ales with sugar used to boost alcohol.)

Unfortunately it has been scientifically proven that young palates have been proven to be too sensitive to appreciate more complex and intense flavours such as good beer.

I certainly wouldn't try an IPA or hop-forward beer on a youngster!

Other than being a grandson, we don't actually know how old he is - my wife is 32 and her grandparents are still in their 70s (apologies @hobgoblin if you are nowhere near that age, just proving a point - I was assuming he was in his 20s).

Besides, I started drinking real ale and German/Belgian beers (mainly Erdinger and Leffe) when I was about 18 or 19!

A nice DIPA (double IPA), RIS (Russian Imperial Stout) or Barely Wine would do the job (these styles are usally around 9% upwards) methinks :thumb:

Yeahhhhh! Imperial IPA or English/American Barley Wine...
What you need is brew a batch that'll come out not tasting like strong alcohol (like tennets super strength for example!)
There's a few reviews on high alcohol beers on YouTube that they say can't taste the strong content!!!
Don't tell him the %...you drink a less strong looking bottle....then he'll be mashed...lesson learnt...
But I don't endorse drinking games...nuff years in the army to learn..haha!think the imperial IPA will be quicker coz the Barley Wine has a long conditional time..Bri

yeah something deceptively strong. perhaps a strong golden ale bulked up with sugar. perhaps IBUs of around 30 (not too bitter for his young, unexperienced taste buds)

ok let me clear a few things up
its my mates grandson not mine im to fugly for any women to be interested in me
his grandson is 21 and he drinks vodka and rum he liked the evil dog dubbel ipa i made

and i wish i was in my 20's im in my 40's :thumb:

I'd give it up. He wouldn't know - modern vodkas are priced in direct relation to how tasteless they are, the exact opposite to beer.

I'd give it up. He wouldn't know - modern vodkas are priced in direct relation to how tasteless they are, the exact opposite to beer.

i never give up :twisted: ill get the little buttmonkey the Tactical Nuclear Penguin is A bit to fiddly to do though

Back