Stainless Keg Question (OP Frisp)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have access to a stainless 11 gallon keg which would make a perfect boiler. Anyone know how to get the pressure off so I can get the lid cut out? Its a fancy almost triangular connect? Its foreign so no legal issues in the UK
I have tried the bodily pressure on the poppet with no luck

(this was copied across from The Bitter End - comment by Frisp)

Any ideas wht I can do with the two Alloy barrels I aquired with the stainless one? Mash tuns? HLT? Inm open to ideas

What is the width of the kegs at their base?

I use LPG now after 15 yrs of using an electrim brewbin/boiler.

I love brewing outdoors now and have even brewed in the rain which I could not do with electric for obvious reasons.

If it has a rolled rim then make sure you cut a hole for the air to escape from, I've seen pictures where the rim has gone bang hot wort and shrapnel went everywhere.

Frisp said:
I have access to a stainless 11 gallon keg which would make a perfect boiler. Anyone know how to get the pressure off so I can get the lid cut out? Its a fancy almost triangular connect? Its foreign so no legal issues in the UK
I have tried the bodily pressure on the poppet with no luck

Get yourself a large SS ball bearing, and gaffer tape it to the center of the fitting. Turn keg upside down, and then climb on top of the keg. . . . You may have to jump up and down on it to 'break' the seal, but when you do you will find yourself on our own little desert island in a sea of foam

Don't do this in the kitchen :whistle:

Latest posts

Back