Out and about

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vossy1

Landlord.
Reaction score
Today we went on a mini tour of the Northumbrian coast. We went to Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle, SeaHouses, Whitley Bay and Alnwick. We also stopped at a little country pub and I had a pint of something very tasty...so tasty I can't remember what it was :roll: ...anyway

Lindisfarm castle, ok, but IMO not really a castle

CIMG0188400x300.jpg

One of the bays on Lindisfarm...very pretty

CIMG0186400x300.jpg

Bamburgh Castle...lovely beaches, stunning castle and only a £1 to park :cool:

CIMG0235400x300.jpg

We didn't get to see Alnwick castle as the car park was full :roll: . Weather was nice and it was a great day out.
Found out the limitations of a digital camera over my digital slr today..as can be seen in the quality of the pics..much prefer the slr...if only it were smaller :cry:

Thought it would be a good idea to start a post on peoples days out, so if you have one please feel free to post it ;)

Looks like a great day mate :cool:

We're out and about for the next 2 weeks so will get some piccys :D

Looks like you had a great day out. We stayed in Bamburgh a few years ago and had a great time on the beach and looking around the castle. We also went to Alnwick Castle and although it is historically signficant and had loads of references to the first Harry Potter movie it wasn't as good as Bamburgh. Also, fish and chips at Seahouses is hard to beat. :cool:

Also, fish and chips at Seahouses is hard to beat.

That was the main reason I went Dunfie, as I know from friends that the seafood is fantastic.
As we arrived the coast road was shut due to 1st an RAF Sea king (I think) landing, at the RNLI place, and then a hospital chopper landing on the road :shock: ....I hope whoever was rescued was o.k...looked pretty serious.

I was gutted to drive through but there were literally no spaces to park until you got out of town and I'd done enough walking by then :roll:

We went to Whitby for fish and chips on Monday, as I previously missed out at Seahouses.
Whilst there I had to take this picture...just for MEB :lol:

CIMG0335400x300.jpg

Those must be good fish and chips if you travelled all the way from Manchester for them..... :lol:

Those must be good fish and chips if you travelled all the way from Manchester for them.....

Luckily they were :cool: ...but...big...but...traffic on the way there meant it took 4 hours..just to get there :roll:
We even saw a seal by the moorings as we ate the fish and chips...which was nice :cool:

Sounds like a great trip out :D

No pics but we took our eldest daughter (just 4) ten-pin bowling today she loved it, it was great to see her punching the air when she knocked the pins down, she got 2 strikes on the 2nd game and beat Mrs Wez in the end :shock: :party: :lol:

Yesterday swimbo, me and the dogs walked the Inlgeton Waterfalls walk Clicky

4.5km of beautiful terrain, mostly slate underfoot, and lots and lots of steps. They say wear sturdy boots...listen...and if you take your pooch watch out for sharp slate. In places the slate is coming out of the ground vertically, and it's very sharp :shock:

All in all a great day out. It had rained heavily the day before...perfect for the falls :cool: .The dogs were on the lead in certain places as it was just too dangerous and wouldn't like to do this walk with kids :shock: ...so a few photies

CIMG0772600x450.jpg

CIMG0812600x450.jpg

CIMG0795600x450.jpg

CIMG0752400x300.jpg

CIMG0748400x300.jpg

CIMG0749600x450.jpg

CIMG0746400x300.jpg

And finally, swimbo looked at me when she saw this and said 'looks like a rolling boil'...get in :party:

CIMG0759400x300.jpg

Vossy1 said:
And finally, swimbo looked at me when she saw this and said 'looks like a rolling boil'...get in :party:

that's a quality achievement mate.. both the photos and the SWMBO tuition :D :thumb: :drink:

Great set of pics! :thumb:

Good on Mrs V1 ;)

Cheers chaps :thumb:
We climbed Shutlingsloe today...clicky
might have some piccies in a min.

Wez, I'm gonna have to get you up here. Macclesfield Forrest, maintained by United Utilities, has just (this week) opened a brand new mountain biking circuit, and it look awesome. Parts are fully loose gritted and 8' wide paths, other areas are rough woodland...looks great :cool:

That sounds like it's worth bringing out the VT2 :cool:

Today we had a gentle stroll up Shutlingsloe. It was a nice day but unfortunately the farmers had chosen to burn the grassland, which reduced visability somewhat.

We thought we'll just come over this ridge and it must be here...this is the site that greeted us :shock:

CIMG0870600x450.jpg

The dogs weren't too impressed either, I'm sure I heard Bracken mutter 'sod that'

CIMG0846600x450.jpg

Burning grassland. We climbed a peak opposite this one on Sunday and where you see cloud on the horizon we could actually see Snowdonia and the Welsh peaks...it was that clear :cool:

CIMG0857600x450.jpg

The top

CIMG0856600x450.jpg

Time for some doggy refreshments, sausage rolls and pork pies anyone :D

CIMG0852600x450.jpg

I'll resize these photo's in a min :thumb:

Feeling the need to blow some cobwebs away we went for a wee walk into our village today to the river and the abbey. Really helped to clear the head, can't wait until Jasper is old enough to come with us, 20th Jan ... hurry up!!!

Some pics from the walk...

The River that runs through the village we live in
129.jpg

Our War Memorial with Abbey in the background
138.jpg

The Abbey
140.jpg

It's a nice quick flowing river, full of Chub and large Roach, a few Barbel too - bring your gear down next time ;) i'll get you a permit :thumb:

Vossy1 said:
We went to Whitby for fish and chips on Monday, as I previously missed out at Seahouses.
Whilst there I had to take this picture...just for MEB :lol:

CIMG0335400x300.jpg

Heh. My missus loves that place just because of the name. Had a superb pint of Golden Pippin in there too.

Even better, it has a late license.

Latest posts

Back