Brewnight: Blackcurrant Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Can't quite contain my enthusiasm for my next brew, which probably won't go on until tomorrow night, when my friendly sweetened cider yeast provider will have made their delivery...

Intending to pop on this little number, which will be the first b/c cider with the syrup in the primary ferment as well as being used to prime. This method comes out fantastic (I reckon) on the strawberry and lime & raspberry varieties I've tried.

I've also tinkered with my spreadsheet to make it simples to work out how much apple juice/syrup/water you need in order not to make rocket fuel, or otherwise, depending on your preference :mrgreen:

pic here, link too - good for any quantity (eg 25L or DJ, or other)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9214IswqPyMcjNJMmtzSG1zd28

Blackcurrant Cider Apr-16.JPG

Splendid... the yeast turned up tonight 😀 so bunged it in

Interestingly I had my aj sitting in the kitchen, so when I chucked it all into the FV, the temperature was a balmy 18-20deg

So with chippy teas suggestion in mind, a full kettle of boiling water (including the tea), brought it up to the ideal 20-22deg

Sorted 😃

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Took a quick SG reading last night and it's down to 1.000 (it's not called turbo cider for nothing 😉)

Friday could be the night for priming/bottling

Busy week ahead, need to bottle my Kenridge kit tonight .... oh the hardship 😆

Was the247shop on ebay, but just went on to have a look and they're on holiday

They're a really friendly bunch too, you might have to visit back

I bought 5 last time and have only used one so far so if you want one to try give me a shout and I'll bung one in the post

Could i just add a couple of spoons of Canderel or something to sweeten it up? I have a gervin cider yeast already and if its just an artificial sweetener....

Boom, bottled it... (I feckin hate bottling night !)

2ddedb0537fb570634b95c283a177966.jpg

Totally clear already and the pet bottles are firm to the squeeze....

Will leave then in the warm until Friday then stash them in the cool to condition a bit... I've a feeling some might find there way into the fridge en route though 😀

First pour tonight... hmm tasting pretty smooth 😎😎😎

[ame]https://vimeo.com/167336526[/ame]

Latest posts

Back