Combining Citra, Challenger, Cluster for dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWanted

Reaction score
Hi guys, just found this forum and I love it!

It’s my second home brewing attempt and I would like to try dry hopping for this one.

I have used so far for 23lt of beer:

‐ 1.7kg IPA coopers kit
‐ 1.0kg Light Dry Malt
‐ 0.5kg Dextrose
- Safale US-05 Yeast
‐ I boiled 20g Challenger hops and 10g Cluster for bittering for 15 min (all pellets)

Now that fermentation is almost over, I would like to try dry hopping. I have Citra,
Challenger and Cluster available and I was thinking to drop in the primary 25g Citra,
10g Challenger and 10g Cluster (all pellets).

I haven’t really found a recipe using this combo, any thoughts? Smells/tastes good
when combining them?

Cheers

Hi guys, just found this forum and I love it!

It’s my second home brewing attempt and I would like to try dry hopping for this one.

I have used so far for 23lt of beer:

‐ 1.7kg IPA coopers kit
‐ 1.0kg Light Dry Malt
‐ 0.5kg Dextrose
- Safale US-05 Yeast
‐ I boiled 20g Challenger hops and 10g Cluster for bittering for 15 min (all pellets)

Now that fermentation is almost over, I would like to try dry hopping. I have Citra,
Challenger and Cluster available and I was thinking to drop in the primary 25g Citra,
10g Challenger and 10g Cluster (all pellets).

I haven’t really found a recipe using this combo, any thoughts? Smells/tastes good
when combining them?

Cheers
Have done Challenger and Citra and also an all Challenger brew,both fine:thumb:

Thanks terrym, I have decided to chuck them in and wait for them to settle in my primary FV. My OG was 1.042 and after 6 days was 1.012, I can still see a dark brown krausen head and I think I should wait until a complete clear surface before adding the hops. Any thoughts?

Thanks terrym, I have decided to chuck them in and wait for them to settle in my primary FV. My OG was 1.042 and after 6 days was 1.012, I can still see a dark brown krausen head and I think I should wait until a complete clear surface before adding the hops. Any thoughts?

I would chuck them in 4 days before you bottle and would bottle at 2 to 3 weeks from when the wort went into the FV.

My rule of thumb for most beers is to leave them about 10 days or so on the basis that the primary has all but finished, then I rack off (others don't), then I dry hop for 6 days, with the last two days in the coldest place I have.

Back