dry cider recipe wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps

Reaction score
i looking for a quick i gallon dry cider recipe to brew.
for the boss as she do like a small glass now and then.
well got to keep the boss happy

cheapest apple juice you can find
add 1 campden tab 24 hours before pitching yeast
ferment with any brewing yeast
age for a while (2 months and it's great.)
drink!

RobWalker said:
cheapest apple juice you can find
add 1 campden tab 24 hours before pitching yeast
ferment with any brewing yeast
age for a while (2 months and it's great.)
drink!

Afaik all the 'value' juices are pasteurised, I've never Campdened them.
Just chuck it in the demi with the yeast and go for it.
Add a cup of tea for a bit of tannin
Maybe some nutrient.

I did my first batch without any additional ingredients to get a feel for how it comes it (and thus how I would adjust it to my personal taste) and I must say this has got to be the easiest recipe I have ever done and it was pretty damn nice! Prime with 1 teaspoon of sugar per 500ml/pint if you want it fizzy and there you go.

" Currently Brewing: 4.5 Litres Youngs Definitive Strawberry Wine, 4.5 Litres Turbo Perry "

I did a strawberry wine with just frozen strawbs from Costco and a cup of Earl Grey for tannin, and it's really good. I recommend skipping the kit and just using Ingredients.

What is your turboperry recipe? Is it the Lidl pear nectar? Or have you found some othee pear juice?

Yeah it was a purchase for the OH in order to get her more on board with the brewing thing lol. Considering the cost and everything the wine smells and tastes very nice; she's after doing the black cherry one next so I'm sure that will be too. I will definitely look into doing it with frozen strawbs next time though.
Yes, the turbo Perry has been created with 3.5l of the pear nectar and 1l of Apple juice in order to increase the yield. I have got about 4l of juice after passing it through muslin twice 2day but this is certainly one of my cloudier brews... Given the amount of juice in a pear I would expect that someone would have the decency to make pear juice from concentrate!

Back