splitting mash day.. Reheading wort?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer brown

Regular.
Reaction score
Hey All,
I was going to split my AG brewday and do a mash tonight then the hop boil in the morning.. Is this a bad idea to let the wort cool before re-boilding with the hops the next day?

a lot of people just mash overnight, do you have a tun? if so, mash as usual and just leave it in there. slightly better efficiency too :thumb:

it exists mostly for this reason. get up in the morning, boil straight on. never done it myself but a totally viable option :cheers:

Regardless, I doubt leaving wort covered overnight and boiling the next day would really risk infection.

I would leave it in the mash tun with plenty of blankets duvets sleaping bags etc should be ok.

Also put tin foil over the mash bed and then put some bubble wrap in the dead space. and another thing put it on something insulated as well :thumb:

I have done it several times :thumb:
Here is my latest brew day doing that.

I mash and sparge one night then boil and cool the next night. I leave it in the boiler and let it cool as it wishes then heat to the boil the next night :thumb:

Latest posts

Back